Related provisions for SUP 10C.14.19
1 - 20 of 62 items.
(1) A firm must notify the FCA no later than ten3business days after an FCA-approved SMF manager ceases to perform an FCA-designated senior management function.(2) It must make that notification by submitting to the FCA a completed Form C (SUP 10C Annex 5R4).(3) If: (a) the firm is also making an application for approval for that approved person to perform a controlled function within the same firm or group; and(b) ceasing to perform the FCA-designated senior management function
(1) A firm must notify the FCA as soon as practicable after it becomes aware, or has information which reasonably suggests, that it will submit a qualified Form C for an FCA-approved SMF manager.(2) Form C is qualified if the information it contains:(a) relates to the fact that the firm has dismissed, or suspended, the FCA-approved SMF manager from its employment; (b) relates to the resignation by the FCA-approved SMF manager while under investigation by the firm, the FCA or any
(1) A firm can submit Form C or Form E (and any MiFID Article 4 SMR Information Form3 required by SUP 10C.10.9BD)4 to the FCA in advance of the cessation date. (2) If the actual cessation date turns out to be different from the one notified in advance, the firm should notify the FCA.(3) If the firm:4(a) does not submit Form C (including a qualified one) following notification under SUP 10C.14.7R; or4(b) submits a form in advance under (1) but it turns out that there is no requirement
If an FCA-approved SMF manager's title, name or national insurance number changes, the firm for which the person performs an FCA-designated senior management function must notify the FCA on Form D (SUP 10C Annex 6R4), of that change within seven business days of the firm4 becoming aware of the matter.
(1) If any of the details relating to:(a) the arrangements in relation to any of a firm'sFCA-approved SMF managers; or(b) any FCA-designated senior management functions of one of its FCA-approved SMF managers;are to change, the firm must notify the FCA on Form D (SUP 10C Annex 6R4).(2) The notification under (1) must be made as soon as reasonably practicable after the firm becomes aware of the proposed change.(3) This rule does not apply to anything required to be notified under
(1) If a firm becomes aware of information which would reasonably be material to the assessment of the fitness and propriety of an FCA-approved SMF manager, or of candidate to be one (see FIT), it must inform the FCA either:(a) on Form D; or(b) if it is more practical to do so and with the prior agreement of the FCA, by email or fax;as soon as practicable and, in any case, within seven business days.(2) This rule does not apply to anything required to be notified under SUP 10C.14.7R
If a firm is required to notify the FCA about an FCA-approved SMF manager under any of the following:(1) section 63(2A) of the Act (Duty to notify regulator of grounds for withdrawal of approval); or2(2) [deleted]2(3) section 64C of the Act (Requirement for 4authorised persons to notify regulator of disciplinary action);it must give that notification:(4) under SUP 10C.14.5R (Form C) if that rule applies; (5) under SUP 10C.14.7R (Qualified Form C) if that rule applies; or(6) (in
Table: Explanation of the sections of the Act mentioned in SUP 10C.14.22R41SectionSummary of relevant partsOther Handbook materialCommentsSection 63(2A) (Duty to notify regulator of grounds for withdrawal of approval)At least once a year, each firm must, in relation to every SMF manager for whom an approval has been given on the application of that firm:(a) consider whether there are any grounds on which the FCA could withdraw the approval; and(b) if the firm is of the opinion
A notification required by regulation 71(8)(c) of the Payment Services Regulations and SUP 15.14.10D must be submitted by the account servicing payment service provider to the FCA: (1) in the form specified in SUP 15 Annex 10(2) by electronic means made available by the FCA; and (3) immediately after the first occasion on which it denies the account information service provider or the payment initiation service provider in question access to a payment account.
A notification required under SUP 15.14.15D must be submitted by the account servicing payment service provider to the FCA:(1) in the form specified in SUP 15 Annex 10; (2) by electronic means made available by the FCA; and (3) immediately after it restores access to the payment account(s) for the account information service provider or payment initiation service provider.
Regulation 99(1) of the Payment Services Regulations provides that, if a payment service provider becomes aware of a major operational or security incident, the payment service provider must, without undue delay, notify the FCA. The purpose of this section is to direct the form and manner in which such notifications must made and the information they must contain, in exercise of the power in regulation 100(2) of the Payment Services Regulations.
(1) A firm must use Form E where an approved person is both ceasing to perform one or more controlled functions and needs to be approved in relation to one or more FCA controlled functions within the same firm or group.(2) A firm must not use Form E if: 2(a) the approved person has never before been approved to perform for any firm:2(i) an FCA controlled function that is2 a significant-influence function; or2(ii) an FCA-designated senior management function; or2(iii) a PRA controlled
(1) A firm must notify the FCA as soon as practicable after it becomes aware, or has information which reasonably suggests, that it will submit a qualified Form C in respect of an FCA-approved person.(2) Form C is qualified if the information it contains:(a) relates to the fact that the firm has dismissed, or suspended, the FCA-approved person from its employment; or(b) relates to the resignation by the FCA-approved person while under investigation by the firm, the FCA or any
If a firm becomes aware of information which would reasonably be material to the assessment of an FCA-approved person's, or a FCA candidate's, fitness and propriety (see FIT), it must inform the FCA on Form D, or (if it is more practical to do so and with the prior agreement of the FCA) by e-mail or fax, as soon as practicable.
(1) If, in relation to a firm which has completed the relevant Form A (SUP 10A Annex 4D), any of the details relating to arrangements and FCA controlled functions are to change, the firm must notify the FCA on Form D (SUP 10C Annex 6R5). (2) The notification under (1) must be made as soon as reasonably practicable after the firm becomes aware of the proposed change.(3) This also applies in relation to an FCA controlled function for which an application was made using Form E.(4)
An example of where a firm should use Form D is when an individual who is appointed by one appointed representative becomes employed by another appointed representative but continues to perform the customer function for the firm. The firm should notify the FCA by completing Section 1.07 of Form D.
(1) When the FCA15 receives a notice from a UK MiFID investment firm (see SUP 13.6.5BG (1)), it is required by regulation 11A(3) to inform the relevant Host State regulator of the proposed change as soon as reasonably practicable.15(2) The FCA is required to use the forms in Annex XI, Annex XII or Annex XIII of MiFID ITS 4A, as applicable.15(3) The firm in question may make the change once the period of one month beginning with the day on which it gave notice has elapsed.1571
Q. We are a market operator. Can we use the same members of our management body?A. Yes. Where the members of the management body of the APA, the CTP or the ARM are the same as the members of the management body of the regulated market you will be deemed to have complied with the management body requirement in regulation 13(1)(a) and (b) of the DRS Regulations. You will only be required to complete the full name and personal national identification number or equivalent thereof
Q. How do we go about applying to be an ARM? A. In summary: (1) You should complete:(a) all of the questions in the application form at MAR 9 Annex 1D; and(b) the notification form for the list of members of the management body at MAR 9 Annex 2D.(2) You should sign the MIS confidentiality agreement at MAR 9 Annex 10D.(3) You should provide the documents referred to in: (a) (1)(a) and (b) together with supporting documentation to the FCA as set out in MAR 9.2.6D; and(b) (2) to
Q. I intend to apply to be authorised to provide the data reporting service of an APA. May I establish connectivity requirements while my application for authorisation is being considered?A. Yes. The MIS confidentiality agreement is available on our website at www.fca.org.uk/markets/market-data-regimes/market-data-reporting-mdp together with instructions on how to obtain the Market Interface Specification (MIS) for connectivity.
Unless otherwise stated, the issuer or the owner, as the case may be, must send the relevant forms and information to the FCA's address marked for the attention of the "Covered Bonds Team, Capital Markets Sector" by any of the following methods:(1) post; or(2) leaving it at the FCA's address and obtaining a time-stamped receipt; or(3) email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If a UK firm is passporting under the UCITS Directive, regulation 12(1) states that the UK firm must not make a change in its programme of operations, or the activities to be carried on under its EEA right, unless the relevant requirements in regulation 12(2) have been complied with. These requirements are:5(1) the UK firm has given a notice to the FCA15 and to the Host State regulator stating the details of the proposed change; or15(2) if the change arises as a result of circumstances
(1) 13If any of the details in an investment services and activities passport notification change, a UK MiFID investment firm is required to notify the FCA by completing the form in Annex I of MiFID ITS 4A.[Note: article 7(1) of MiFID ITS 4A](2) When communicating a change to investment services and/or activities, ancillary services or financial instruments, the firm is required to list all: (a) the investment services and/or activities and ancillary services that it currently
13If any of the details in the notification for the provision of arrangements to facilitate access to an MTF or an OTF change, the investment firm operating the MTF or the OTF is required to notify the FCA by completing the form in Annex IV of MiFID ITS 4A. [Note: article 11(1) of MiFID ITS 4A]
5For further details on giving the notices to the appropriate UK regulator, as described in SUP 13.7.3 G (1), SUP 13.7.3AG and SUP 13.7.3BG12, UK firms may wish to use the standard electronic15 form available from the FCA and PRA authorisation teams 15(see SUP 13.12 (Sources of further information)).15151551515
The issuer must send to the FCA, information relating to the asset pool, in the form set out in RCB 3 Annex 2D (asset notification form), and information relating to the regulated covered bonds issued under the programme, in the form set out in RCB 3 Annex 3 D (asset and liability profile form).1
1If the issuer or the owner (as the case may be) proposes to add or remove assets to or from the asset pool which change the level of over collateralisation by 5% or more, it must notify the FCA using the form set out in RCB 3 Annex 2 D (asset notification form) at least 5 business days prior to the proposed transfer, giving expected details of the size and composition of the transfer.
1 A data reporting services provider must promptly complete the notification form for changes to the membership of the management body form at MAR 9 Annex 6D to inform the FCA of any change to the membership of its management body before any change to the membership of its management body or when this is impossible within 10 working days after the change.
19A full-scope UK AIFM must notify the FCA of material changes under SUP 15.3.26 R in the following manner:(1) for the management of a new AIF or a new investment compartment of an AIF, by using the form in SUP 15 Annex 6A R; (2) for changes of senior personnel whose appointment is not required to be approved by the FCA under section 59 of the Act, by using the form in SUP 15 Annex 6B R; and(3) for all other material changes, by using the form in SUP 15 Annex 6C R .
(1) 19A small registered UK AIFM must notify the FCA of changes in the following manner:(a) for the management of a new AIF or a new investment compartment of an AIF, by using the form in SUP 15 Annex 6A R;(b) (a) does not apply where:(i) the management of the new AIF or investment compartment would result in the AIFM exceeding the relevant threshold of assets under management so that it will no longer meet the conditions in regulation 9 (meaning of "small AIFM") of the AIFMD
A notification required from a firm under any notification rule must be given in writing, and in English, and must be submitted on the form specified for that notification rule, or if no form is specified, on the form inSUP 15 Ann 4 R3 (Notification form), and must give the firm's Firm Reference Number unless:237(1) the notification rulestates otherwise; or(2) the notification is provided solely in compliance with Principle 11 (see SUP 15.3.7 G).
Unless stated in the notification rule, or on the relevant form (if specified), a written notification required from a firm under any notification rule must be:2(1) given to or addressed for the attention of the firm's usual supervisory contact at the FCA4 and77(2) delivered to the FCA4 by one of the methods in SUP 15.7.5AR6.777
A section 178 notice10 given to the appropriate regulator15 by a person who is acquiring control or increasing his control over a UK domestic firm, in a way described in SUP 11.4.2 R (1) to (4), or acquiring control in a way described in SUP 11.4.2A R, must contain the information and be accompanied by such documents as are required by the controllers form approved by the appropriate regulator15 for the relevant application. 4610151015
(1) If:434(a) (i) the scope of appointment of an appointed representative is extended to cover insurance distribution activities15 for the first time; and42(ii) the appointed representative is not included on the Financial Services Register as carrying on insurance distribution activities15 in another capacity; or42(b) the scope of appointment of an appointed representative ceases to include insurance distribution activity15;42the appointed representative's principal must give
(1) As soon as a firm has reasonable grounds to believe that any of the conditions in SUP 12.4.2 R,SUP 12.4.6 R,11SUP 12.4.8A R4, SUP 12.4.10A R or SUP 12.4.10B R11 (as applicable) are not satisfied, or are likely not to be satisfied, in relation to any of its appointed representatives, it must complete and submit to the FCA the form in SUP 12 Annex 4 R (Appointed representative notification form), in accordance with the instructions on the form.3(2) In its notification under
(1) 8Subject to (2A), a 9firm other than a credit union must submit the form as set out in SUP 12 Annex 4 R online at http://www.fca.org.uk using the FCA'sonline notification and application system12.91010(2) A credit union must submit the form in SUP 12 Annex 4 R in the way set out in SUP 15.7.4 R to SUP 15.7.9 G (Form and method of notification).(2A) If the notification:9(a) relates to an appointed representative whose scope of appointment covers only credit-related regulated
Table: FCA approved persons forms and other documents1Form or other documentPurposeHandbook requirementThe6 relevant Form ASUP 10C Annex 3D6Application to perform designated senior management functions6SUP 10C.10.8DForm BSUP 10C Annex 4R6Notice to withdraw an application to perform controlled functions under the approved persons regimeSUP 10C.10.36RNotice to withdraw an application to vary an approval under the senior managers regime6SUP 10C.13.15RForm CSUP 10C Annex 5R6Notice