Copyright Notice and Disclaimer
- 1.1. References to "you" or "your" are references to any person accessing the FCA Handbook site (handbook.fca.org.uk) (the ‘Site’). References to "we", "us" or "our" are references to the Financial Conduct Authority (‘FCA’).
- 1.2. The FCA owns the copyright and any other rights in all material on this Site, other than any Parliamentary material, third party stock images (such as photographs) and other material as indicated subject to Clause 1.3 below. If you would like to reproduce content from the Handbook, you will need to apply for a licence agreement.
- 1.3. All Intellectual property rights in the:
- 1.3.1. Former FSA Handbook will continue to belong to the FCA
- 1.3.2. Handbook developed by the FCA, will belong to the FCA
- 1.4. You may print and download extracts from this site on the following conditions:
- 1.4.1. the documents and related graphics on this Site are for personal use or for use within an individual firm or organisation; any copies of these pages that you save to any storage medium may (subject to the exception referred to at 1.4.4 below) only be used for subsequent personal viewing purposes or for viewing within the firm or organisation by which they were saved or stored;
- 1.4.2. any extracts which are printed may only be used for personal viewing - or for viewing within the firm or organisation by which they were printed (subject only to the exception referred to at 1.4.4 below);
- 1.4.3. neither pages saved or stored in any way, nor extracts printed, may (subject to the exception referred to at 1.3.4 below) be distributed to third parties or sold or otherwise circulated for profit;
- 1.4.4. the only permitted exception to the general rules stated in clauses 1.4.1 to 1.4.3 above is where extracts (of no more than a few relevant provisions) are copied to individual third parties incidental to advice or other activities;
- 1.4.5. no documents or related graphics on this Site are to be modified in any way;
- 1.4.6. graphics on this Site are not to be used separately from the accompanying text; and
- 1.4.7. the source of our material should be acknowledged in all copies, either by appropriate words or by adding the FCA copyright symbol (i.e. © Financial Conduct Authority).
- 1.5. You must not reproduce or store any part of this Site in any other website or include it in any public or private electronic retrieval system or service, without our prior written permission.
- 1.6. Any rights not expressly granted in these terms are reserved.
- 1.7. This website contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v 3.0.
2. Service Access
- 2.1. While we try to ensure that the Site is normally available 24 hours a day, we will not be liable if, for any reason, the Site is unavailable for any period of time.
- 2.2. Access to the Site may be suspended temporarily or permanently and without notice.
- 3.1. We try to ensure that the information on this site is correct, but we do not give any express or implied warranty as to its accuracy. We do not accept any liability for error or omission.
- 3.2. The definitive version of the FCA Handbook text at any particular time is the version contained in the instruments (including amending instruments) published on this Site.
- 3.3. To the fullest extent permitted by law, we are not liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of business or loss of profits) arising in contract, tort or otherwise from the use of or inability to use this site, or any material contained in it, or from any action or decision taken as a result of using this site or any such material.
- 3.4. Part of this Site contains material sent to us by third parties. These third parties are responsible for ensuring that the material they submit to us complies with national and relevant foreign law. We are not responsible for any error, omission or inaccuracy in the material. We reserve the right to omit, suspend or edit any material submitted.
- 3.5. The materials on this Site do not constitute financial or other professional advice. You should consult a professional adviser if you require financial advice.
- 3.6.This Site offers links to other sites that enable you to leave this Site. We do not control the linked sites and we are not responsible for the contents of any linked site or any link in a linked site, or any changes or updates to such sites. We are not responsible for webcasting or any other form of transmission received from any linked site. We provide these links to you only as a convenience, and the inclusion of any link does not imply our endorsement of the site.
- 4.1. These terms govern your use of this Site and by accessing any part of this Site, you will be deemed to have accepted these terms in full and agreed to be bound by them.
- 4.2. These terms are governed by and interpreted in accordance with English and Welsh Law.