WHO WE ARE
This website is hosted and managed by The Stationery Office Limited on behalf of The Financial Conduct Authority.
The Data Controller is The Financial Conduct Authority of 12 Endeavour Square, London, E20 1JN whose Data Controller Registration Number is Z5643774.
Data Processor is The Stationery Office Limited of 55 Wells Street, London, W1A 3AE, who is bound to process all personal data only on behalf of and as directed by The Financial Conduct Authority as the Data Controller.
FCA is the “controller” of personal information collected through (the “Site”) for the purposes of applicable data protection laws, and is the company you should contact if you have questions about the use of your personal information (see the Contact Us section below).]
RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN TSO AND THE FCA
TSO hosts, manages and fulfils orders made through this Site on behalf of FCA. Personal information we collect about you [including: your name, email address, item(s) purchased, whether or not you have asked to receive marketing from TSO will to a limited extent be shared with the FCA for various purposes including:
- to support the FCA’s business operations and understand and manage demand from the public for the FCA’s goods or services;
- to facilitate monitoring of our performance in providing relevant goods or services under concession from the FCA and the relationship between us and the FCA;
- to enforce or protect our rights under relevant agreements with the FCA;
- to transition the running of the FCA’s website, and the provision of related services, to a third party in the event that TSO and the FCA choose to end their arrangement.
You should not submit any personal information to us if you do not wish it to be shared with the FCA. FCA will process your personal information in accordance with its privacy notice, which is available www.fca.org.uk/privacy.
If you have any questions about how your personal information may be processed by FCA, you can contact FCA’s Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
This section tells you what personal information we collect from you and how
When you sign up for an account on our Site
your name, email address, and telephone number
When you place an order or return a product
your address, contact details, delivery preferences, and information about the products you have ordered[, as well as payment information, depending on how you place your order or request a refund
When you contact us
any information about you that you choose to give us
Information we collect automatically from you
1.OUR LEGAL BASIS FOR USING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
The personal data related to your account is used by the TSO for the purposes of providing you with access to the Handbook and other functionality of the site, for example creating alerts.This processing of your personal data falls under the FCA’s legal basis of Article 6(1)(e) of the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (“ GDPR”) (it is necessary for performance of a task carried out in the public interest). The FCA’s legalbais flows down to TSO as data processor.
2.WHY WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
This section tells you why we use personal information we collect from you.
We use personal information to
This means that processing your personal information allows us to
Why do we process your personal information in this way?
Make our Site available to you
Manage the Site, including by allowing you to create an account
We need to process your personal information to create and maintain your account and to allow you to log in to the Site
Contact you about our services, as indicated in your account preferences
We contact you in line with your account preferences, for example with alerts about updates to the Handbook
3.OUR LEGAL BASIS FOR USING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may disclose the personal information we hold about you to:
- our service providers, including IT hosting companies;
- banks, other financial institutions and credit reference agencies;
- payment service providers;
- third party companies in the event that we are involved in a corporate transaction such as an actual or potential merger, joint venture, consolidation or asset sale;
- professional advisors such as attorneys, accountants, auditors, financial and other professionals;
- regulatory authorities, including tax authorities;
- law enforcement agencies, courts and other relevant tribunals.
4.INTERNATIONAL TRANSFERS OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We process your personal information using data centres located inside the European Union and will not transfer your personal information outside the European Union.
5.RETENTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
The period for which we will retain personal information will vary depending on the purposes that it was collected for, as well as the requirements of any applicable law or regulation:
- if you have signed up for an account on our Site, we will store your personal information and the information in your account for as long as is necessary to provide the account, and for the period for which you or we could bring legal proceedings in relation to the running of your account
You may have certain rights in relation to the personal information we collect about you. These may include the right to request access to your personal information, to request that it is erased, that its processing is restricted, or that any inaccurate personal information is rectified. You may also have the right to object to the processing of your personal information, or in some circumstances to obtain a copy of the personal information in machine readable format. Any such request should be submitted in writing to email@example.com or Information Disclosure Team, Financial Conduct Authority, 12 Endeavour Square, London, E20 1JN You also have the right to complain about the use your personal information to local supervisory authority, which in the UK is the Information Commissioner’s Office.
This Policy will be reviewed from time to time to take account of changes to our operations or practices and, further, to make sure it remains appropriate to any changes in law, technology and the business environment. Any personal information held will be governed by our most current Policy.
8.LINKS TO THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
If you have any questions or wish to contact us please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.