Content Options

Content Options

View Options

You are viewing the version of the document as on 2022-01-01.

REC 5.1 Introduction and legal background

REC 5.1.1GRP

A body corporate or an unincorporated association may apply to the FCA2 for recognition as a UK recognised body under sections 287 (Application by an investment exchange) or 288 (Application by a clearing house) of the Act.


A UK RIE may apply to the FCA for recognition as a RAP under regulation 2 of the RAP regulations.4

REC 5.1.2GRP

This chapter sets out guidance for UK applicants and for UK entities which are considering making an application. Guidance for applicants and prospective applicants for ROIE2 status is given in REC 6.