PERG 3A.6 Territorial scope

Q29. We are a non-UK1 firm with a branch in the United Kingdom and we wish to issue electronic money. Can we apply for authorisation or registration?

Yes. You may apply to be an authorised electronic money institution if you are a body corporate (regulation 6(4)(b)). However, you cannot apply to be a small electronic money institution unless your head office is in the United Kingdom (regulation 13(9)).