Related provisions for CASS 1.4.6
41 - 60 of 106 items.
(1) The authorised fund manager may, with the prior agreement of the depositary, and must without delay, if the depositary so requires, temporarily1 suspend the issue, cancellation, sale and redemption of units in an authorised fund (referred to in this chapter as "dealings in units"), where due to exceptional circumstances it is in the interest of all the unitholders in the authorised fund. (1A) The authorised fund manager and the depositary must ensure that the suspension is
(1) 1Suspension should be allowed only in exceptional cases where circumstances so require and suspension is justified having regard to the interests of the unitholders. Difficulties in realising scheme assets or temporary shortfalls in liquidity may not on their own be sufficient justification for suspension. In such circumstances the authorised fund manager and depositary would need to be confident that suspension could be demonstrated genuinely to be in the best interests of
(1) An issuer of securities represented by listedcertificates representing certain securities must notify a RIS of any change of depositary.(2) The notification required by paragraph (1) must be made as soon as possible, and in any event by 7.30 a.m. on the business day following the change of depositary, and contain the following information:(a) the name, registered office and principal administrative establishment if different from the registered office of the depositary;(b)
(1) The authorised fund manager operates the scheme on a day-to-day basis. Its operation is determined by the rules in this chapter, which require appropriate powers in the instrument constituting the fund3 or refer to the need to state the relevant operating procedures in the prospectus of the scheme.3(2) (a) 4The authorised fund manager does not necessarily have to carry out all the activities it is responsible for and may delegate functions to other persons.(b) 4The rules in
A depositary that issues certificates representing certain securities must maintain adequate arrangements to safeguard certificate holders' rights to4 the securities to which the certificates relate, and to4 all rights relating to the securities and all money and benefits that it may receive in respect of them, subject only to payment of the remuneration and proper expenses of the issuer of the certificates.4
(1) The FCA expects that the majority of requests it will receive for the winding up of an authorised fund (under regulation 21(1) of the OEIC Regulations or under sections1 256 or 261W1 of the Act) or termination of a sub-fund will be from authorised fund managers and depositaries who consider that the AUT, ACS1, ICVC or sub-fund in question is no longer commercially viable.(2) It is in consumers' interests to minimise, as far as possible, the period between which the FCA receives
The information referred to in COLL 7.5.1 G is listed below:(1) the name of the authorised fund or sub-fund;(2) the size of the authorised fund or sub-fund;(3) the number of unitholders; (4) whether dealing in units has been suspended;(5) why the request is being made; (6) what consideration has been given to the authorised fund or sub-fund entering into a scheme of arrangement with another regulated collective investment scheme and the reasons why a scheme of arrangement is not
(1) The authorised fund manager and the depositary of a charity authorised investment fund may establish an income reserve account for the scheme if this is provided for in:(a) the instrument constituting the fund; and (b) the prospectus.(2) (a) The authorised fund manager may instruct the depositary to transfer up to 15% of the income available for allocation or distribution on an annual income allocation date to the income reserve account. (b) Any income transferred under (a)
(1) The authorised fund manager and depositary of a charity authorised investment fund may adopt a total return approach to the allocation or distribution of income where this is provided for in:(a) the instrument constituting the fund; and (b) the prospectus.(2) Under a total return approach the authorised fund manager may make transfers between the capital account and the income account in addition to those in COLL 6.8.3R(3A)(c).(3) The authorised fund manager and depositary
(1) A proposal that an authorised fund should be involved in a scheme of arrangement is subject to written notice to and approval by the FCA under section 251 of the Act (Alteration of schemes and changes of manager or trustee), section 261Q of the Act (Alteration of contractual schemes and changes of operator or depositary)2 or regulation 21 of the OEIC Regulations (The Authority's approval for certain changes in respect of a company). Effect cannot be given to such a change
(1) If a scheme of arrangement is entered into in relation to an authorised fund ("transferor fund") or a sub-fund of a scheme which is an umbrella ("transferor sub-fund"), an authorised fund manager must ensure that the unitholders of the transferor fund or sub-fund do not become unitholders of units in a collective investment scheme other than a regulated collective investment scheme.(2) For a UCITS scheme or a sub-fund of a UCITS scheme, (1) applies as if the reference to a
In determining whether there is agreement to or acceptance of the action proposed, an indication by the following persons will be regarded as conclusive:(1) in relation to an authorised unit trust scheme, the manager and trustee;88(1A) in relation to an authorised contractual scheme, the authorised contractual scheme manager and depositary;7(2) in relation to an ICVC, the directors and the depositary;88(3) in relation to a recognised scheme, the operator and, if any, the trustee8or
Some of the distinguishing features of notices given under enactments other than the Act are as follows: (1) [deleted]66(2) [deleted]66(3) Friendly Societies Act 1992, section 58A1: The warning notice and decision notice must set out the terms of the direction which the FCA6 proposes or has decided to give and any specification of when the friendly society is to comply with it. A decision notice given under section 58A(3) must give an indication of the society's right, given by
This table belongs to COLL 8.3.2 R.1Document statusA statement that this document is the prospectus of the authorised fund valid as at a particular date which shall be the date of the document.2Description of the authorised fundInformation detailing:(1)the name of the authorised fund;16(1A)its FCA product reference number (PRN);(2)that the authorised fund is either an ICVC, ACS11 or an AUT;(3)that the scheme is a qualified investor scheme;(4)where relevant, that the unitholders
(1) An annual report, other than for a scheme which is an umbrella, must contain:(a) the accounts for the annual accounting period prepared in accordance with the requirements of the IMA SORP;7(b) the report of the authorised fund manager in accordance with COLL 8.3.5C R (Authorised fund manager's report);(bA) comparative information in accordance with COLL 4.5.10R (1A) and (2A) (Comparative information);14(c) the report of the depositary in accordance with COLL 8.3.5D R (Report
(1) The depositary must make an annual report to unitholders which must be included in the annual report.(2) The depositary's report must contain:(a) a description, which may be in summary form, of the duties of the depositary under COLL 8.5.4 R (Duties of the depositary) and in respect of the safekeeping of the scheme property; and(b) a statement whether in any material respect:(i) the issue, sale, redemption and cancellation and calculation of the price of the units and the
1Only the COBS provisions in the table apply to a depositary when acting as such, when carrying on business which is not MiFID or equivalent third country business:COBSDescription2.1Acting honestly, fairly and professionally2.3Inducements, except COBS 2.3.1 R (2)(b) and COBS 2.3.2 R4Communication to clients including financial promotions, but only in relation to communicating or approving a financial promotion11.7Personal account dealing
1In addition to or instead of suspending the promotion of a scheme recognised under section 264, the FCA may ask the competent authorities of the EEA State in which the scheme is constituted who are responsible for the authorisation of collective investment schemes, to take such action in respect of the scheme and/or its operator as will resolve the FCA's concerns. Also, Schedule 5 to the Act states that a person who for the time being is an operator, trustee
(1) An EEA UCITS management company which applies to manage a UCITS scheme under paragraph 15A(1) of Schedule 3 to the Act must provide the FCA with the following documents:(a) the written contract3 that has been entered into with the depositary3 of the scheme, as referred to in article 22(2) of the UCITS Directive3; (b) information on any delegation arrangements it has made regarding the functions of investment management and administration, as referred to in Annex II of the
An EEA UCITS management company that manages a UCITS scheme must comply with the rules of the FCAHandbook which relate to the constitution and functioning of the UCITS scheme (the fund application rules), as follows:(1) the setting up and authorisation of the UCITS scheme (COLL 1 (Introduction), COLL 2 (Authorised fund applications), COLL 3 (Constitution), COLL 6.5 (Appointment and replacement of the authorised fund manager and the depositary), COLL 6.6 (Powers and duties of
1This section applies to:(1) an authorised fund manager and a depositary of a UCITS scheme; and(2) a UK UCITS management company providing collective portfolio management services for an EEA UCITS scheme from a branch in another EEA State or under the freedom to provide cross border services.
(1) The risk management process in COLL 6.12.3 R should take account of the investment objectives and policy of the scheme as stated in the most recent prospectus.(2) The depositary of a UCITS scheme should take reasonable care to review the appropriateness of the risk management process in line with its duties under COLL 6.6.4 R (General duties of the depositary) and COLL 6.6.14 R (Duties of the depositary and authorised fund manager: investment and borrowing powers), as appropriate.