(1) Where a term is defined in Directive 2014/65/EU that term shall apply for the purposes of this Regulation except where (2) or (3) applies.
(2) Where a term is defined in article 2 of Regulation 600/2014/EU, as amended by the Markets in Financial Instruments (Amendment) (EU Exit) Regulations 2018, that definition shall apply for the purposes of this Regulation.
(3) ‘Algorithmic trading’ and ‘direct electronic access’ or ‘DEA’ are defined in regulation 2(1) of the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000 (Markets in Financial Instruments) Regulations 2017.
(4) References to UK law corresponding to EU legislation include any primary or secondary legislation or regulators’ requirements which were relied upon by the United Kingdom immediately before IP completion day to give effect to that EU legislation.
(5) References to ‘investment firm’ are to the persons referred to in Article -2(1) above unless the context indicates otherwise.
(6) ‘MiFID investment firm’ and the ‘MiFI Regulations’ are defined in accordance with the Glossary to the Handbook of rules and guidance published by the FCA immediately after IP completion day.