Related provisions for MCOB 9.4.164
1 - 8 of 8 items.
(1) Under the section heading "What you have told us", the illustration must state the information that has been obtained from the customer under MCOB 9.4.6 R and MCOB 9.3.12 R (apart from MCOB 9.4.6 R(1) and MCOB 9.4.6 R(5) which are provided for in Section 5 of the illustration ), and can include brief details of any other information that has been obtained from the customer and used to produce the illustration.(2) Where the customer requests an additional illustration showing
Under the section heading "What fees must you pay?" the illustration must:(1) itemise all the fees that are included in the calculation of the APR in accordance with MCOB 10 (Annual Percentage Rate), excluding any charges for insurance set out in Section 12 in accordance with MCOB 9.4.72 R; and1(2) include a statement at the end of the section using the following text:"You may have to pay other taxes or costs in addition to any fees shown here.".
An example of a fee that would be included in Section 11 would be an administrative charge to redeem thelifetime mortgage.7 An example of a fee that would not be included would be a fee payable by the customer to insure their property elsewhere (however this would need to be stated in the separate "Insurance" section as required by MCOB 9.4.72 R). Where fees are payable only on early repayment of thelifetime mortgage.7 they should not be stated here (however these fees would need
The following information must be included under the sub-heading "Insurance you must take out as a condition of this mortgage but that you do not have to take out through [insert name of mortgage lender or where relevant the name of the mortgage intermediary, or both]":(1) if the lifetime mortgage7 requires the customer to take out an insurance policy (other than that which is a tied product which the customer is obliged to purchase through the mortgage lender or where relevant
Under the sub-heading "Insurance you must take out as a condition of this mortgage but that you do not have to take out through [insert name of mortgage lender or where relevant the name of the mortgage intermediary, or both]", the illustration should not include any insurance policy that may be taken out by a mortgage lender itself to protect its own interests rather than the customer's interests, for example, because of the ratio of the loan amount to the property value.1
If the cost of any insurance that the mortgage lender might take out to protect its own interests because of the ratio of the loan to the property value is passed on to the customer, it will be shown elsewhere in the illustration, for example as a higher lending charge or in the interest rate charged.
A firm may include in the illustration, under the sub-heading "Optional insurance", quotations (estimated where necessary) for any insurance products (other than the insurance products covered elsewhere in the illustration in accordance with MCOB 9.4.72 R and MCOB 9.4.76 R) that the firm issuing the illustration wishes to sell to the customer.
(1) If any quotations for insurance are included in the illustration in accordance with MCOB 9.4.73 R(3), MCOB 9.4.76 R(1) or MCOB 9.4.79 R, the illustration:(a) must include a brief description only of the type of insurance (full details of the insurance cover may however be provided separately); and(b) (i) must include the total price to be paid by the customer in a column on the right hand side of the illustration under the heading "[insert frequency of payments quoted] payments";
(1) 8Under the section heading "Insurance" the illustration must include details of:(a) insurance which is a tied product; and(b) insurance which is required as a condition of the home reversion plan which is not a tied product.(2) Under this section heading a firm may also provide details of insurance which is optional for the customer to take out.(3) It must be clear to the customer which products he is required to purchase under which circumstances (for example, where both
8The following information must be included if the home reversion plan requires the customer to take out insurance that is a tied product either through the reversion provider or the reversion intermediary:(1) details of which insurance is a tied product;(2) the name of the firm imposing the requirement for the insurance;(3) for how long the customer is obliged to purchase the insurance;(4) an accurate quotation or a reasonable estimate of any payments the customer needs to make
8The following information must be included if the insurance required, as a condition of the home reversion plan, is not a tied product:(1) a brief statement of the type of insurance the firm requires; a quotation for such insurance may be included in the illustration, estimated where necessary; and(2) if a charge is made if the customer does not arrange insurance through the reversion provider or the reversion intermediary, this must be stated, together with the amount of the
(1) 8If any quotations for insurance are included in the illustration it:(a) must include a brief description of the type of insurance; (b) must include the total price to be paid by the customer in a column on the right hand side of the illustration under the heading "[insert frequency of payments quoted] payments"; and(c) may refer the customer to the relevant insurance product disclosure documentation.(2) If the customer has asked to deduct any insurance premiums or insurance-related
(1) Where the further advance for which the customer has applied is in the form of an annual insurance premium secured by a first legal charge, a firm:(a) may, instead of providing an illustration or ESIS8 in accordance with MCOB 7.6.7 R, provide confirmation of the matters required by MCOB 7.6.5 R; and(b) where (a) applies use the following text:"Your annual insurance premium has been/will be added to your mortgage account [unless you pay it by dd/mm/yy]. If you choose to pay