Related provisions for MCOB 9.4.125
1 - 20 of 27 items.
An illustration provided to a customer must:(1) contain the material set out in the relevant annex to this chapter in the order and using the numbered section headings, sub-headings and text prescribed, except where this section provides otherwise;88(2) follow the format of the template in 8the relevant annex to this chapter8, with:(a) prominent use of the Key facts5 logo followed by the text 'about this lifetime mortgage' or 'about this home reversion plan'8;55(b) each section
Under the section heading "Description of this mortgage" the illustration must:(1) state the name of the mortgage lender providing the lifetime mortgage7 to which the illustration relates (a trading name used by the mortgage lender may also be stated in accordance with MCOB 9.4.2 R(6)), and the name, if any, used to market the lifetime mortgage;777(2) include a statement describing the lifetime mortgage;77(3) if the lifetime mortgage7 is linked to an investment, and payments required
Examples of types of statement that would satisfy MCOB 9.4.24 R(2) are as follows (more than one may apply to particular types of lifetime mortgage7):7(1) For an interest roll-up mortgage12: "You do not have to make any repayments during the life of this lifetime mortgage. The loan, all of the interest and charges due to [name of mortgage lender] will be repaid from the sale of your home. This will happen on your death [or the death of the last borrower] or if you move home (either
The illustration must include under the heading "Risks - important things you must consider" statements and warnings on the following:(1) a brief statement of the specific circumstances in which the mortgage lender is able to repossess the property;(2) a statement of how the mortgage lender will treat any negative equity arising during the life of the lifetime mortgage7 and at the time the amount borrowed under the lifetime mortgage7 is due to be repaid in full;77(3) a statement
The table showing the projection in the section headed "Projection of roll-up of interest" should show annual details in columns under the following headings:(1) "Year": this should list the years as 1,2,3... etc. The start date for year one must be an assumed date of completion of thelifetime mortgage.7 The table must show each year of the term estimated in accordance with MCOB 9.4.10 R (or if required, MCOB 9.4.12 R).7(2) "Balance at start of year": this must show the estimated
(1) Except where (3) applies, where the customer is required to make payments to the mortgage lender on thelifetime mortgage,7 and the customer's payments can vary with changes in interest rates at any time during the life of thelifetime mortgage,7 Section 9: "Will the interest rate change?" must also contain the following text:"The [frequency of payments from MCOB 9.4.37 R] payments shown in this illustration could be considerably different if interest rates change. For example,
(1) If a higher lending charge is payable by the customer, the following text must be used to describe such a charge for the purposes of MCOB 9.4.68 R:"A higher lending charge is payable because you are borrowing [insert the ratio of the mortgage amount (from MCOB 9.4.13 R) to the property's price or value (from MCOB 9.4.6 R(3))] of the property's [estimated] [price/value]."(2) If the customer has asked for any fees to be added to the loan, this must be stated alongside each fee.2(3)
Under the sub-heading "Linked current account" the illustration must include the following information:(1) whether a linked current account is a compulsory or optional product (if the current account is a compulsory product this must also be stated in Section 5 of the illustration in accordance with MCOB 9.4.24 R(7));(2) an explanation of the interest rates that apply under different circumstances to the linked current account, if different from the interest rate charged on the
If the lifetime mortgage7 is a shared appreciation mortgage, MCOB 9.4 applies to the illustration with the following modifications:7(1) Section 5 "Description of this mortgage" must contain the following additional information and text in this order after the details required by MCOB 9.4.24 R to MCOB 9.4.29 R:(a) "This lifetime mortgage involves [name of mortgage lender] taking a percentage share in any increase in the value of your property [insert details of all occasions when
An illustration provided to a customer must:(1) contain the material set out in MCOB 5 Annex 1 in the order and using the numbered section headings, sub-headings and prescribed text in MCOB 5 Annex 1, except where provided for in MCOB 5.6;(2) follow the layout of the template in MCOB 5 Annex 1 with:(a) prominent use of the Key facts3 logo followed by the text 'about this mortgage';33(b) each section clearly separated;(c) all the amounts to be paid in Sections 5, 6, 8 and 9 in
The amount referred to in MCOB 5.6.6 R(2) is:(1) in cases where on the basis of the information obtained from the customer before providing the illustration it is clear that the customer would not be eligible to borrow the amount he requested, an estimate of the amount that the customer could borrow based on the information obtained from the customer; or(2) where the regulated mortgage contract is a revolving credit agreement such as a secured overdraft or mortgage credit card:4(a)
Under the section heading 'Description of this mortgage' the illustration must:(1) state the name of the mortgage lender providing the regulated mortgage contract to which the illustration relates (a trading name used by the mortgage lender may also be stated in accordance with MCOB 5.6.2 R(6)), and the name, if any, used to market the regulated mortgage contract;(2) (a) provide a description of the interest rate type and rate of interest that applies in accordance with the format
Where all or part of the regulated mortgage contract to which the illustration relates is an interest-only mortgage:(1) the illustration must include the sub-heading 'Cost of repaying the capital' with the following text under it:'You will still owe [insert amount of loan on an interest-only basis] at the end of the mortgage term. You will need to make separate arrangements to repay this. When comparing the payments on this mortgage with a repayment mortgage, remember to add any
(1) Under the section heading 'Insurance' the illustration must include details of:(a) insurance which is a tied product; and(b) insurance which is required as a condition of the regulated mortgage contract which is not a tied product.(2) A firm may also provide details of insurance which it is optional for the customer to take out under this section heading.(3) It must be clear to the customer which products he is required to purchase under which circumstances (for example, where
Under the sub-heading 'Insurance you must take out through [insert name of mortgage lender or where relevant the name of the mortgage intermediary, or both]' the following information must be included if the regulated mortgage contract requires the customer to take out insurance that is a tied product either through the mortgage lender or where relevant the mortgage intermediary:(1) details of which insurance is a tied product;(2) for how long the customer is obliged to purchase
(1) Under the sub-heading 'Linked current account', the illustration must include the following information:(a) whether a linked current account is a compulsory or optional product (if the current account is a compulsory product this must also be stated in Section 4 of the illustration in accordance with MCOB 5.6.25 R(6));(b) an explanation of the interest rates that apply under different circumstances to the linked current account, if different from the interest rate charged
(1) An amortisation table may be added to the end of the illustration after the information required by MCOB 5.6.124 R if the mortgage lender or mortgage intermediary wishes. A firm may find that this is particularly appropriate to illustrate certain types of regulated mortgage contract, for example, a regulated mortgage contract with more than one part.(2) The purpose of (1) is to permit a firm to add an amortisation table in accordance with the European Commission's 'Recommendation
The effect of the requirements at MCOB 5.5.1 R(1) and MCOB 5.5.4 R is that a customer will be deemed to be committed to an application if, for example, he pays a product related fee (including a valuation fee) or provides electronic or verbal authority to process an application. It is not necessary for a customer to provide a mortgage lender with a completed application form to submit an application for a regulated mortgage contract.
The effect of MCOB 5A.4.1R (1) and MCOB 5A.4.7 R is that a consumer will be deemed to be committed to an application if, for example, they pay a product-related fee (including a valuation fee) or provides electronic or verbal authority to process an application. It is not necessary for a consumer to provide an MCD mortgage lender with a completed application form to submit an application for an MCD regulated mortgage contract.
The illustration provided as part of the offer document in accordance with MCOB 6.4.1 R (1) must meet the requirements of MCOB 5.6 (Content of illustrations) with the following modifications:(1) the illustration must be suitably adapted and revised to reflect the fact that the firm is making an offer to a customer and updated to reflect changes to, for example, the interest rate, charges, the exchange rate or the APR required by MCOB 10 (Annual Percentage Rate), at the date the