Related provisions for MCOB 7.6.2
1 - 20 of 38 items.
Under the heading "What happens if you do not want this mortgage any more?", the illustration must include the following information on the lifetime mortgage:77(1) under the sub-heading "Early repayment charges":(a) an explanation of whether early repayment charges are payable;(b) an explanation of when early repayment charges are payable;(c) an explanation of any other fees that are payable if the lifetime mortgage7 is repaid early, and the current level of these fees;7(d) a
An illustration provided to a customer must:(1) contain the material set out in MCOB 5 Annex 1 in the order and using the numbered section headings, sub-headings and prescribed text in MCOB 5 Annex 1, except where provided for in MCOB 5.6;(2) follow the layout of the template in MCOB 5 Annex 1 with:(a) prominent use of the Key facts3 logo followed by the text 'about this mortgage';33(b) each section clearly separated;(c) all the amounts to be paid in Sections 5, 6, 8 and 9 in
As a minimum the illustration must be personalised to reflect the following requirements of the customer:(1) the specific regulated mortgage contract in which the customer is interested;(2) the amount of the loan required;(3) the price or value of the property on which the regulated mortgage contract would be secured (estimated where necessary);(4) the term of the regulated mortgage contract. If 12the customer is unable to suggest a date at which they expect to repay the loan,
In relation to MCOB 5.6.6 R(3), for the firm to comply with the principle of 'fair, clear11 and not misleading' in MCOB 3A.2.1R(1)11, an estimated valuation, where the estimated valuation is not that provided by the customer, must be a reasonable assessment based on all the facts available at the time. For example, an overstated valuation could enable a more attractive regulated mortgage contract to be illustrated on the basis of a lower ratio of the loan amount to the property
The amount referred to in MCOB 5.6.6 R(2) is:(1) in cases where on the basis of the information obtained from the customer before providing the illustration it is clear that the customer would not be eligible to borrow the amount he requested, an estimate of the amount that the customer could borrow based on the information obtained from the customer; or(2) where the regulated mortgage contract is a revolving credit agreement such as a secured overdraft or mortgage credit card:4(a)
The purpose of the illustration is to provide the customer with details of the cost of borrowing the amount required over the term specified in MCOB 5.6.6 R(2) and MCOB 5.6.6 R(4). Section 12 has been designed specifically to illustrate any additional features of the regulated mortgage contract such as a linked current account, a linked savings account or the availability of unsecured lending. These features should therefore be shown in section 12 and not in section 3 of the
Under the section heading 'Description of this mortgage' the illustration must:(1) state the name of the mortgage lender providing the regulated mortgage contract to which the illustration relates (a trading name used by the mortgage lender may also be stated in accordance with MCOB 5.6.2 R(6)), and the name, if any, used to market the regulated mortgage contract;(2) (a) provide a description of the interest rate type and rate of interest that applies in accordance with the format
Where the loan under the regulated mortgage contract is divided into more than one part (for example where part of the loan is a fixed interest rate and part of the loan is a discounted variable interest rate) and the firm displays this in a tabular format in the illustration:(1) the following text must be used to introduce the table 'As this mortgage is made up of more than one part, these parts are summarised below:';(2) each part must be numbered for ease of reference in the
Where all or part of the regulated mortgage contract to which the illustration relates is an interest-only mortgage:(1) the illustration must include the sub-heading 'Cost of repaying the capital' with the following text under it:'You will still owe [insert amount of loan on an interest-only basis] at the end of the mortgage term. You will need to make separate arrangements to repay this. When comparing the payments on this mortgage with a repayment mortgage, remember to add any
Where the loan under the regulated mortgage contract is divided into more than one part (for example, where part of the loan is on a fixed interest rate and part on a discounted variable interest rate) and the firm displays the initial cost of all parts, and the total cost, in a tabular format in the illustration, MCOB 5.6.42 R(3) and MCOB 5.6.46 R do not apply; instead:(1) each part must be numbered for ease of reference in the illustration;(2) the loan amounts must be totalled;(3)
(1) Under the section heading 'Insurance' the illustration must include details of:(a) insurance which is a tied product; and(b) insurance which is required as a condition of the regulated mortgage contract which is not a tied product.(2) A firm may also provide details of insurance which it is optional for the customer to take out under this section heading.(3) It must be clear to the customer which products he is required to purchase under which circumstances (for example, where
(1) If none of the features at MCOB 5.6.94 R are applicable to the regulated mortgage contract to which the illustration relates, the section headed 'Additional features' must be retained, but the sub-headings must not be included and a statement must be added to explain that there are no additional features.(2) Only those features available on the regulated mortgage contract need be included in the illustration.(3) If a firm provides a customer with supplementary information
Under the sub-heading 'Additional secured borrowing', the illustration must provide details of circumstances in which additional secured lending is offered with the regulated mortgage contract that would allow the customer, subject to certain conditions, to increase the amount of the loan on which the illustration is based.
(1) A firm must provide the customer with an illustration for a regulated mortgage contract before the customer submits an application for that particular regulated mortgage contract to a mortgage lender, unless an illustration for that particular regulated mortgage contract has already been provided.(2) Except in the circumstances in MCOB 5.5.1A R, a1firm must provide the customer with an illustration for a regulated mortgage contract when any of the following occurs, unless
Where a firm has already provided an illustration in accordance with MCOB 5.5.1 R and the terms for the proposed regulated mortgage contract are subsequently materially altered, the firm must ensure that the customer is provided with a revised illustration, before acting on the amendment, when the change occurs at the point at which a customer submits an application for the regulated mortgage contract.
(1) If, at the point an illustration must be provided in accordance with MCOB 5.5.1 R, a firm is uncertain whether the contract will be a regulated mortgage contract, the firm must:(a) provide an illustration; or(b) seek to obtain from the customer information that will enable the firm to ascertain whether the contract will be a regulated mortgage contract.(2) Where (1)(b) applies, an illustration must be provided, unless, on the basis of the information the customer provides,
If the firm has reasonable evidence that the contract is not a regulated mortgage contract and has not provided an illustration before a customer submits an application, and it is subsequently found that the contract is a regulated mortgage contract, there is no requirement to provide a separate illustration at that stage. However, the requirement to integrate an illustration into the offer document at MCOB 6.4.1 R will apply.
Where the customer requests an illustration for1 a particular regulated mortgage contract (see MCOB 5.5.1 R (2)(d)), the purpose of MCOB 5.5.15 R, MCOB 5.5.16 R and MCOB 5.5.17 G is to ensure that the customer receives an illustration without unnecessary delay. These requirements do not restrict the information that the firm may obtain from the customer after it has provided the customer with an illustration.11
In meeting a request for an illustration in accordance with MCOB 5.5.1 R (2)(d)11, the firm must not delay the provision of the illustration by requesting information other than:1(1) the information necessary to personalise the illustration in accordance with MCOB 5.6.6 R, if the firm does not already know it;(2) where the firm acts in accordance with MCOB 5.5.11 R(2), such information as is necessary to ascertain whether or not the contract will be a regulated mortgage contract;(3)
If, on the basis of the information obtained from the customer or on the basis of information that the firm already holds on the customer, the firm would do business with the customer, but not on the terms requested, the firm may provide the customer with an illustration in respect of a different regulated mortgage contract if it chooses to do so.
The purpose of MCOB 5.4.8 R is not to require a firm to ascertain whether a customer is eligible for a particular regulated mortgage contract before providing an illustration. Instead, the purpose is to ensure that the firm takes into account the information it has obtained from the customer before providing an illustration to the customer.
(1) 3Whenever a firm provides a customer with information specific to the amount that the customer wants to borrow on a particular regulated mortgage contract following an assessment of the customer's needs and circumstances in order to comply with MCOB 4.7A.2 R, it must give, clearly and prominently, the following information:(a) the same information on the firm’s product range as is required by MCOB 4.4A.1R (1), MCOB 4.4A.2 R and MCOB 4.4A.4R (1); and(b) that the customer has
(1) 3Whenever, as part of an execution-only sale (or potential execution-only sale), a customer provides a firm with the information in MCOB 4.8A.14R (1), (2) or (3) the firm must inform the customer, clearly and prominently, that the customer has the right to request an illustration for any regulated mortgage contract which the firm is able to offer the customer.(2) Whenever, as part of an execution-only sale (or potential execution-only sale), a high net worth mortgage customer
Where the illustration provided to the customer does not contain an accurate quotation or a reasonable estimate of the payments the customer will need to make in connection with any tied product that the customer must take out with the regulated mortgage contract, and the customer applies for that regulated mortgage contract:(1) the firm must provide the customer with an accurate quotation as soon as possible after he has applied, and in good time before the offer document is
The rules on the content of an illustration at MCOB 5.6 (Content of illustrations) mean that if the regulated mortgage contract requires the customer to take out a tied product, the illustration must include an accurate quotation or a reasonable estimate of the payments the customer would need to make for the tied product (see MCOB 5.6.52 R (2) where the tied product is a repayment strategy and MCOB 5.6.74 R where the tied product is insurance).3 If it is not possible to include
Where the customer has, in accordance with the terms of the regulated mortgage contract, taken up an additional tranche of borrowing on a mortgage that is released in tranches and this did not require any further approval of the mortgage lender, a firm must provide confirmation as soon as possible of:(1) the new amount owed by the customer under the regulated mortgage contract; (2) the amount of each payment that is due; and(3) the interest rate charged.
(1) The information about the basis of remuneration required by MCOB 4.4A.1R (2) must include all relevant information, including the following details:(a) any fees which the firm will charge to the customer;(b) when any such fees will be payable and, if applicable, reimbursable; and(c) whether the firm will receive commission from the mortgage lender or another third party and, if applicable, whether any commission will be offset against any fees charged and the arrangements
The information requirements in MCOB 4.4A.1 R, MCOB 4.4A.2 R, MCOB 4.4A.4R (1) and MCOB 4.4A.8 R do not apply where:(1) the information has already been provided by the firm and the firm has good reason to believe that it is still accurate and appropriate for the customer; or(2) the information has already been provided by the firm which first made contact with the customer in respect of the particular regulated mortgage contract, and the firm subsequently making contact with
A business illustration or high net worth illustration3provided to a customer must:(1) use the headings and prescribed text in MCOB 5 Annex 1 (except as provided in MCOB 5.7) but need not follow the format;(2) include the content required by MCOB 5.6.3 R to MCOB 5.6.128 R4 (except MCOB 5.6.5 R, MCOB 5.6.101 R, MCOB 5.6.109 R to MCOB 5.6.112 G, MCOB 5.6.120 R and MCOB 5.6.121 R);14(3) use the key facts logo followed by the text 'about this [term used by the firm to describe the
(1) MCOB 5.7.2 R(1) means that firms do not have to follow the ordering of sections set down in MCOB 5.6, although they may choose to do so.(2) In accordance with MCOB 5.7.2 R(8) an example of an appropriate variation to the risk warning would be:'Your home may be repossessed if you are unable to fulfil the terms of this secured overdraft'.(3) A firm may also choose to include other information beyond that required by MCOB 5.6. However, when adding additional material a firm should
(1) When providing a business illustration or high net worth illustration3in accordance with MCOB 5.7.2 R a firm should describe facilities provided under the regulated mortgage contract that are not a loan within section 12 (Additional features) of the business illustration or high net worth illustration3.(2) In complying with (1), a firm should follow the requirements in MCOB 5.6.92 RMCOB 5.6.108 G where these are relevant. Where the facility is of a type not considered in MCOB
The statement required by MCOB 7.5.1 R must contain the following:(1) except in the case of mortgage credit cards, information on the type of regulated mortgage contract, including:(a) a clear statement of whether the regulated mortgage contract is an interest-only mortgage, or repayment mortgage, or a combination of both; and(b) a prominent reminder, where all of the regulated mortgage contract is an interest-only mortgage, that:(i) the customer's payments to the firm do not
If the tariff of charges has changed since the last annual statement was sent to the customer (or, where the annual statement is the first statement, since the customer entered into the regulated mortgage contract) and a firm has not already sent a revised tariff of charges to the customer, it must include one with the annual statement.
If the firm knows at the point that the offer is made to the customer that its interest in the regulated mortgage contract will be assigned (by sale or transfer) and the firm will no longer be responsible for setting interest rates and charges, the offer document must:(1) state this; and(2) state, where known, who will be responsible for setting interest rates and charges after the sale or transfer.
If a customer requests, or agrees to, a change to a lifetime mortgage.3(other than a change as described in MCOB 7.6.7 R to MCOB 7.6.27 R (as modified by MCOB 9)) that changes the amount paid to the customer under a drawdown mortgage, or the amount that the customer will owe under an interest roll-up mortgage5, or both, a firm must provide the customer with the following information, in a single communication, before the change takes effect:3(1) the amount outstanding on the lifetime