Related provisions for LR 10.7.2
1 - 20 of 37 items.
A listed company must inform the FCA in writing as soon as possible if it has:(1) requested a RIE to admit or re-admit any of its listedequity shares5 to trading; or5(2) requested a RIE to cancel or suspend trading of any of its listedequity shares;5 or(3) been informed by a RIE that trading of any of its listedequity shares5 will be cancelled or suspended.5
(1) Subject to LR 9.2.22AR, where20 the provisions of LR 5.2, LR 5.4A, LR 9.4, LR 9.5, LR 10, LR 11, LR 12 or LR 15 require a shareholder vote to be taken, that vote must be decided by a resolution of the holders of the listed company'sshares that have been admitted to premium listing. 20(2) Where the provisions of LR 5.2.5R(2), LR 5.4A.4R(3)(b)(ii), LR 5.4A.4R(3)(c)(ii) or LR 9.2.2ER require that the resolution must in addition be approved by independent shareholders, only independent
9The FCA may modify the operation of LR 9.2.21 R in exceptional circumstances, for example to accommodate the operation of:(1) special share arrangements designed to protect the national interest;(2) dual listed company voting arrangements; and(3) voting rights attaching to preference shares or similar securities that are in arrears.
A listed company must ensure that for a rights issue the following are notified to a RIS as soon as possible:(1) the issue price and principal terms of the issue; and(2) the results of the issue and, if any rights not taken up are sold, details of the sale, including the date and price per share.
7A listed company must ensure that for a subscription in an open offer with a compensatory element the following are notified to a RIS as soon as possible:(1) the offer price and principal terms of the offer; and(2) the results of the offer and, if any securities not taken up are sold, details of the sale, including the date and price per share.
(1) If a listed company makes an open offer, placing, vendor consideration placing, offer for subscription of equity shares or an issue out of treasury (other than in respect of an employees’ share scheme)3 of a class already listed, the price must not be at a discount of more than 10% to the middle market price of those shares at the time of announcing the terms of the offer for an open offer or offer for subscription of equity shares8 or at the time of agreeing the placing for
A listed company must ensure that any temporary document of title (other than one issued in global form) for an equity security:(1) is serially numbered;(2) states where applicable:(a) the name and address of the first holder and names of joint holders (if any);(b) for a fixed income security, the amount of the next payment of interest or dividend;(c) the pro rata entitlement;(d) the last date on which transfers were or will be accepted for registration for participation in the
A listed company must ensure that any definitive document of title for an equity share6 (other than a bearer security) includes the following matters on its face (or on the reverse in the case of paragraphs (5) and (7)):6(1) the authority under which the listed company is constituted and the country of incorporation and registered number (if any);(2) the number or amount of securities the certificate represents and, if applicable, the number and denomination of units (in the top
Unless a tender offer is made to all holders of the class, purchases by a listed company of less than 15% of any class of its equity shares (excluding treasury shares) pursuant to a general authority granted by shareholders, may only be made if the price to be paid is not more than the higher of:(1) 5% above the average market value of the company'sequityshares for the 5 business days prior to the day the purchase is made; and(2) that stipulated by article 5(6) of the Market Abuse
(1) Any decision by the board to submit to shareholders a proposal for the listed company to be authorised to purchase its own equity shares must be notified to a RIS as soon as possible.(2) A notification required by paragraph (1) must set out whether the proposal relates to:(a) specific purchases and if so, the names of the persons from whom the purchases are to be made; or(b) a general authorisation to make purchases.(3) The requirement set out in paragraph (1) does not apply
Any purchase of a listed company's own equity shares by or on behalf of the company or any other member of its group must be notified to a RIS as soon as possible, and in any event by no later than 7:30 a.m. on the business day following the calendar day on which the purchase occurred. The notification must include:(1) the date of purchase;(2) the number of equity shares purchased;(3) the purchase price for each of the highest and lowest price paid, where relevant;(4) the number
Unless LR 12.4.8 R applies, a company with listed securities convertible into, or exchangeable for, or carrying a right to subscribe for equity shares of the class proposed to be purchased must (prior to entering into any agreement to purchase such shares):(1) convene a separate meeting of the holders of those securities; and(2) obtain their approval for the proposed purchase of equity shares by a special2 resolution.2
A listed company must notify a RIS as soon as possible (unless otherwise indicated in this rule) of the following information relating to its capital:(1) any proposed change in its capital structure including the structure of its listeddebt securities, save that an announcement of a new issue may be delayed while marketing or underwriting is in progress;(2) [deleted]11(3) any redemption of listedshares including details of the number of shares redeemed and the number of shares
A circular to shareholders about the approval of an employee'sshare scheme or long-term incentive scheme must:(1) include either the full text of the scheme or a description of its principal terms;(2) include, if directors of the listed company are trustees of the scheme, or have a direct or indirect interest in the trustees, details of the trusteeship or interest;(3) state that the provisions (if any) relating to:(a) the persons to whom, or for whom, securities, cash or other
(1) When a listed company enters into a joint venture it should consider how this chapter applies.(2) It is common, when entering into a joint venture, for the partners to include exit provisions in the terms of the agreement. These typically give each partner a combination of rights and obligations to either sell their own holding or to acquire their partner's holding should certain triggering events occur.(3) If the listed company does not retain sole discretion over the event
In addition to the requirements set out in DTR 4.1 a listed company1 must include in its annual financial report1, where applicable, the following:1(1) a statement of the amount of interest capitalised by the group during the period under review with an indication of the amount and treatment of any related tax relief;(2) any information required by LR 9.2.18 R (Publication of unaudited financial information);(3) [deleted]1313(4) details of any long-term incentive schemes as required
In the case of a listed company incorporated in the United Kingdom, the following additional items must be included in its annual financial report1:1(1) a statement setting out all the interests (in respect of which transactions are notifiable to the company under article 19 of the Market Abuse Regulation16) 4of each person who is4 a3director of the listed company as at the end of4 the period under review including:44334(a) all changes in the interests of each director that have
Any strategic report with supplementary information provided to shareholders12 by a listed company as permitted under section 426 of 12the Companies Act 20066, must disclose:123346(1) earnings per share; and(2) the information required for a strategic report 12 set out in or under6 the Companies Act 20066 and the supplementary material required under section 426A of the Companies Act 200612.123346
(1) This rule applies to the following schemes of a listed company incorporated in the United Kingdom and of any of its major subsidiary undertaking (even if that major subsidiary undertaking is incorporated or operates overseas):(a) an employees' share scheme if the scheme involves or may involve the issue of new shares or the transfer of treasury shares; and(b) a long-term incentive scheme in which one or more directors of the listed company is eligible to participate.(2) The
(1) This rule applies to the grant to a director or employee of a listed company or of any subsidiary undertaking of a listed company of an option to subscribe, warrant1 to subscribe or other similar right to subscribe for shares in the capital of the listed company or any of its subsidiary undertakings.(2) A listed company must not, without the prior approval by an ordinary resolution of the shareholders of the listed company in a general meeting, grant the option, warrant or
LR 9.4.4 R does not apply to the grant of an option to subscribe, warrant to subscribe or other similar right to subscribe for shares in the capital of a listed company or any of its subsidiary undertakings:(1) under an employees' share scheme if participation is offered on similar terms to all or substantially all employees of the listed company or any of its subsidiary undertakings whose employees are entitled to participate in the scheme; or(2) following a take-over or reconstruction,
LR 10 Annex 1 is modified as follows in relation to acquisitions or disposals of property by a listedproperty company:(1) for the purposes of paragraph 2R(1) (the gross assets test), the assets test is calculated by dividing the transaction consideration by the gross assets of the listedproperty company and paragraphs 2R(5) and 2R(6) do not apply;(2) for the purposes of paragraph 2R(1) (the gross assets test), if the transaction is an acquisition of land to be developed, the assets
A listed company must notify a RIS as soon as possible after the board has approved any decision to pay or make any dividend or other distribution on listedequity or to withhold any dividend or interest payment on listed securities giving details of:(1) the exact net amount payable per share;(2) the payment date;(3) the record date (where applicable); and(4) any foreign income dividend election, together with any income tax treated as paid at the lower rate and not repayable.
The FCA may authorise the omission of information required by LR 9.7A.1 R or LR 9.7A.2 R if it considers that disclosure of such information would be contrary to the public interest or seriously detrimental to the listed company, provided that such omission would not be likely to mislead the public with regard to facts and circumstances, knowledge of which is essential for the assessment of the shares.1
If:(1) a major subsidiary undertaking of a listed company issues equity shares for cash or in exchange for other securities or to reduce indebtedness;(2) the issue would dilute the listed company's percentage interest in the major subsidiary undertaking; and(3) the economic effect of the dilution is equivalent to a disposal of 25% or more of the aggregate of the gross assets or profits (after the deduction of all charges except taxation) of the group;the issue is to be treated
Where a listedcompany has taken a power in its constitution to impose sanctions on a shareholder who is in default in complying with a notice served under section 7932 of the Companies Act 2006 (Notice by company requiring information about interests in its shares)2:22(1) sanctions may not take effect earlier than 14 days after service of the notice;(2) for a shareholding of less than 0.25% of the shares of a particular class (calculated exclusive of treasury shares), the only
A listed company proposing to issue equity securities7 for cash or to sell treasury shares that are equity shares8for cash must first offer those equity securities7 in proportion to their existing holdings to:78887(1) existing holders of that class of equity shares (other than the listed company itself by virtue of it holding treasury shares); and(2) holders of other equity shares of the listed company who are entitled to be offered them.
LR 9.3.11 R does not apply to:8(1) a listed company incorporated in the United Kingdom if a 8disapplication of statutory pre-emption rights has been authorised by shareholders in accordance with section 57053(Disapplication of pre-emption rights: directors acting under general authorisation) or section 571 (Disapplication of pre-emption rights by special resolution) of the Companies Act 2006 and the issue ofequity securities78 or sale of treasury shares that are equity shares
If by virtue of its holding treasury shares, a listed company is allotted shares as part of a capitalisation issue, the company must notify a RIS as soon as possible and in any event by no later than 7:30 a.m. on the business day following the calendar day on which allotment occurred of the following information:(1) the date of the allotment;(2) the number of shares allotted;(3) a statement as to what number of shares allotted have been cancelled and what number is being held
Any sale for cash, transfer for the purposes of or pursuant to an employees' share scheme or cancellation of treasury shares that represents over 0.5% of the listed company'sshare capital 2 must be notified to a RIS as soon as possible and in any event by no later than 7:30 a.m. on the business day following the calendar day on which the sale, transfer or cancellation occurred. The notification must include:2(1) the date of the sale, transfer or cancellation;(2) the number of
(1) 2If a listed company becomes aware of a matter described in (2) after the publication of a circular that seeks shareholder approval for a transaction expressly requiring a vote by the listing rules, but before the date of a general meeting, it must, as soon as practicable:(a) advise the FCA of the matters of which it has become aware; and(b) send a supplementary circular to holders of its listedequity shares providing an explanation of the matters referred to in (2).(2) The
A listed company must not circulate or publish any of the following types of circular unless it has been approved by the5FCA:55(1) a class 1 circular; or5(2) a related party circular; or5(3) a circular that proposes the purchase by a listed company of its own shares which is required by LR 13.7.1R (2) to include a working capital statement; or5[Note: LR 12.4.10 G](4) a circular that proposes a reconstruction or a refinancing of a listed company which is required by LR 9.5.12