Related provisions for BIPRU 2.1.13
81 - 96 of 96 items.
A firm should not include in its annual income those amounts due to it that are used in the calculation of its capital resources requirement under MIPRU 4.2.11R (Capital resources requirement: insurance distribution activity or home finance3 mediation activity only) or MIPRU 4.2.20R3 (Capital resources requirement: insurance distribution3 activity and home financing, or home finance administration).
The use of the concentration ratio approach for unrated securitisation positions is only permitted where all the following conditions are met:(1) the concentration ratio is equal to the sum of the nominal amounts of all the tranches divided by the sum of the nominal amounts of the tranches junior to, or equal to, the tranche in which the position is held, including that tranche itself;(2) where the resulting risk weight for a securitisation position is lower than any risk weight
(1) A firm must meet the standards set out in (2) to (9) for the purpose of calculating capital requirements.(2) The estimate of potential loss must be robust to adverse market movements relevant to the long-term risk profile of the firm's specific holdings. The data used to represent return distributions must reflect the longest sample period for which data is available and be meaningful in representing the risk profile of the firm's specific equity exposures. The data used must
(1) A firm must submit a report required by this chapter in the frequency, and so as to be received by the FCA28 no later than the due date, specified for that report.4343(2) If the due date for submission of a report required by this chapter falls on a day which is not a business day, the report must be submitted so as to be received by the FCA28 no later than the first business day after the due date. 4343(3) If the due date for submission of a report required by this chapter
(1) The calculation of total balance sheet assets for SUP 16.20.2 R should be consistent with the way this figure is calculated for determining whether a firm is a significant IFPRU firm.(2) For group recovery plans, the calculation of total balance sheet assets should be based on the assets of the largest RRD institution in the group.
Where a convertible is included in BIPRU 7.3's PRR calculation (see the table in BIPRU 7.3.3R):(1) it must be treated as a position in the equity into which it converts; and(2) the firm'sequity PRR must be adjusted by making:(a) an addition equal to the current value of any loss which the firm would make if it did convert to equity; or(b) a deduction equal to the current value of any profit which the firm would make if it did convert to equity (subject to a maximum deduction equal
If GENPRU 3.1.29 R (application of Method 1 or 2 from Annex I of the Financial Groups Directive) applies to a firm with respect to the financial conglomerate of which it is a member, then with respect to the firm and the financial conglomerate:5(1) the definitions of conglomerate capital resources and conglomerate capital resources requirement that apply for the purposes of that rule are the ones from whichever of Part 1 or Part 2 of GENPRU 3 Annex 1 the firm has indicated to
(1) A firm must calculate the charges referred to in BIPRU 7.4.25R as follows.(2) Step 1: offset long and short positions maturing:(a) on the same day; or(b) (in the case of positions arising under contracts traded in markets with daily delivery dates) within 10 business days of each other.(3) Step 2: allocate the positions remaining after step 1 to the appropriate maturity band in the table in BIPRU 7.4.28R (physical commoditypositions are allocated to band 1).(4) Step 3: match
(1) The in the money percentage is calculated in accordance with this rule.(2) For a call option:Current market price of underlying - Strike price of the option * 100Strike price of the option(3) For a put option:Strike price of option - Current market price of underlying * 100Strike price of the option(4) In the case of an option on a basket of securities a firm may not treat the option as being in the money by the relevant percentage so as to enable the firm not to apply an
(1) 6In identifying an appropriate range of adverse circumstances and events in accordance with GENPRU 1.2.42R (2):(a) a firm will need to consider the cycles it is most exposed to and whether these are general economic cycles or specific to particular markets, sectors or industries;(b) for the purposes of GENPRU 1.2.42R (2)(a), the amplitude and duration of the relevant cycle should include a severe downturn scenario based on forward looking hypothetical events, calibrated against
A firm's systems for the management and rating of credit risk exposures must be sound and implemented with integrity and, in particular, they must meet the following standards in accordance with the minimum IRB standards:(1) the firm'srating systems provide for a meaningful assessment of obligor and transaction characteristics, a meaningful differentiation of risk and accurate and consistent quantitative estimates of risk;(2) internal ratings and default and loss estimates used