Related provisions for MCOB 6.8.4
41 - 60 of 244 items.
(1) A firm must ensure that a communication or a financial promotion is clear, fair, and not misleading. [Note: paragraphs 2.2 of ILG, 3.16 of DMG and 3.1 of CBG](1A) A firm must ensure that each communication and each financial promotion:3(a) is clearly identifiable as such;3(b) is accurate;3(c) is balanced and, in particular, does not emphasise any potential benefits of a product or service without also giving a fair and prominent indication of any relevant risks;3(d) is sufficient
(1) A firm's trading name, internet address or logo, in particular, could fall within CONC 3.3.3 R. [Note: paragraph 5.2 (box) of ILG](2) A statement or an implication that credit is guaranteed or pre-approved, or is not subject to any credit checks or other assessment of creditworthiness, may contravene CONC 3.3.3R. Firms are reminded of the requirements of CONC 5 (Responsible lending).3
Misleading a customer as to the availability of a particular credit1 product is likely to include stating or implying that the firm will introduce the customer to a provider of a standard personal loan based on repayment by instalments or of an overdraft facility on a current account (for example, a bank or building society) or of a credit card, but instead introducing the customer to a provider of high-cost short-term credit. [Note: paragraph 3.9p (box) of CBG]1
(1) The authorised fund manager10 or the depositary of an AUT or ACS10 (in accordance with their responsibilities as set out in the instrument constituting the fund12) must maintain a register of unitholders as a document in accordance with this rule.101012(2) The register must contain:(a) the name and address of each Unitholder (for joint Unitholders no more than four need to be registered);(b) the number of units (including fractions of a unit) of each class held by each unitholder;
(1) 10The authorised contractual scheme manager of an authorised contractual scheme which is a qualified investor scheme must take reasonable care to ensure that rights or interests in units in the scheme are not acquired by any person from or through an intermediate Unitholder in a qualified investor scheme, unless:11(a) that person11is a:(i) professional ACS investor; or(ii) large ACS investor; or(iii) person who already holds units in the scheme; and(b) units in a qualified
(1) 4The authorised fund manager of a property authorised investment fund must take reasonable steps to ensure that no body corporate holds more than 10% of the net asset value of that fund (the "maximum allowable").(2) Where the authorised fund manager of a property authorised investment fund becomes aware that a body corporate holds more than the maximum allowable, he must:(a) notify the body corporate of that event;(b) not pay any income distribution to the body corporate;
4Reasonable steps to monitor the maximum allowable include:(1) regularly reviewing the register; and(2) taking reasonable steps to ensure that unitholders are kept informed of the requirement that no body corporate may hold more than 10% of the net asset value of a property authorised investment fund.
(1) A qualified investor scheme must have:(a) an annual accounting period;(b) a half-yearly accounting period; and(c) an accounting reference date;the details of which must be set out in the prospectus.(1A) COLL 6.8.2 R (2) to COLL 6.8.2 R (7) (Accounting periods) also apply to the half-yearly accounting period and annual accounting period of a qualified investor scheme.1(2) A qualified investor scheme must have an annual income allocation date, which must be within four months
(1) 5The FCA may by notice in writing given to a sponsor require it to provide specified documents or specified information to the FCA.11(2) The sponsor must as soon as practicable provide to the FCA any documents or information that it has been required to provide under (1).11(3) This rule applies only to documents or information reasonably required by the FCA in connection with the performance of its functions in relation to a sponsor or a company that has appointed a spons
A request by a sponsor for its approval as a sponsor to be cancelled must be in writing and must include:(1) the sponsor's name;(2) a clear explanation of the background and reasons for the request;(3) the date on which the sponsor requests the cancellation to take effect;4(4) a signed confirmation that the sponsor will not provide any sponsor services8 as of the date the request is submitted to the FCA; and8(5) the name and contact details of the person at the sponsor with whom
10A request by a sponsor for its approval as a sponsor to be suspended must be in writing and must include: (1) the sponsor's name; (2) a clear explanation of the background and reasons for the request;(3) the date on which the sponsor requests the suspension to take effect;(4) a signed confirmation that the sponsor will not provide any sponsor services as of the date the request is submitted to the FCA; and(5) the name and contact details of the person at the sponsor with whom
(1) The authorised fund manager must inform unitholders in an appropriate manner and timescale of any notifiable changes that are reasonably likely to affect, or have affected, the operation of the scheme.(2) A notifiable change is a change or event, other than a fundamental change under COLL 4.3.4 R or a significant change under COLL 4.3.6 R, which a unitholder must be made aware of unless the authorised fund manager concludes that the change is insignificant.
(1) The circumstances causing a notifiable change may or may not be within the control of the authorised fund manager.(2) For the purpose of COLL 4.3.8 R (Notifiable changes) a notifiable change might include:(a) a change of named investment manager where the authorised fund has been marketed on the basis of that individual's involvement;(b) a significant political event which impacts on the authorised fund or its operation;(c) a change to the time of the valuation point;(d) the
(1) 3In the case of a UCITS scheme, the appointment of a new authorised fund manager as a result of:(a) in the case of an ICVC, the termination of the appointment of the previous ACD under COLL 6.5.4 R (2) or COLL 6.5.4 R (3) (Termination of appointment of an ACD); or(b) in the case of an AUT or ACS5, the replacement of the authorised fund manager5 under COLL 6.5.7 R (2) (Replacement of an authorised fund manager of an AUT or ACS);555must, if the new authorised fund manager
3Where the authorised fund manager of either a feeder UCITS or a feeder NURS4 is notified of any change in respect of its master UCITS or qualifying master scheme4which has the effect of a change to the feeder UCITS or feeder NURS4, the authorised fund manager must:4(1) classify it as a fundamental change, significant change or a notifiable change to the feeder UCITS or feeder NURS4 in accordance with the rules in this section; and(2) (a) for a fundamental change, obtain approval
If the RDC considers it relevant to its consideration, it may ask FCA1 staff to explain or provide any or all of the following:1(1) additional information about the matter (which FCA1 staff may seek by further investigation); or1(2) further explanation of any aspect of the FCA1 staff recommendation or accompanying papers; or1(3) information about FCA1 priorities and policies (including as to the FCA's view on the law or on the correct legal interpretation of provisions of the
The RDC has no power under the Act to require persons to attend before it or provide information. It is not a tribunal and will make a decision based on all the relevant information available to it, which may include views of FCA1 staff about the relative quality of witness and other evidence.1
FCA1 staff responsible for recommending action to the RDC will continue to assess the appropriateness of the proposed action in the light of new information or representations they receive and any material change in the facts or circumstances relating to a particular matter. It may be therefore that they decide to give a notice of discontinuance to a person to whom a warning notice or decision notice has been given. The decision to give a notice of discontinuance does not require
(1) The FCA will not automatically suspend, cancel or restore the listing of securities at the request of an overseas exchange or overseas authority (for example, if listing of a listed3issuer'ssecurities are suspended, cancelled or restored on its home exchange).(2) The FCA will not normally suspend the listing of securities where there is a trading halt for the security on its home exchange.(3) If a listedissuer3 requests a suspension, cancellation or restoration of the listing
Where a listed company or applicant appoints more than one sponsor to provide a sponsor service4, the company must:(1) ensure that one sponsor4 takes responsibility for contact with the FCA in respect of administrative arrangements for the sponsor service4; and244(2) inform the FCA promptly4, in writing, of the name and contact details of the sponsor taking responsibility under (1).44
3In relation to the provision of a sponsor service, a company with or applying for a premium listing of its equity shares must cooperate with its sponsor by providing the sponsor with all information reasonably requested by the sponsor for the purpose of carrying out the sponsor service in accordance with LR 8.
(1) In relying on MCOB 2.5.2 R, a firm should take reasonable steps to establish that the other person providing the information is: (a) not connected with the firm; and(b) competent to provide the information.(2) Compliance with (1) may be relied on as tending to establish compliance with MCOB 2.5.2 R.(3) Contravention of (1) may be relied on as tending to establish contravention of MCOB 2.5.2 R.
(1) Any information which a rule in MCOB requires to be sent to a customer may be sent to another person on the instruction of the customer, so long as the recipient is not connected with the firm. (2) There is no need for a firm to send information to a customer where it has taken reasonable steps to establish that this has been or will be supplied by another person.
Where:(1) a firm enters into an agreement for high-cost short-term credit in contravention of a rule in CONC 5A.2; or(2) a firm facilitates an individual becoming a borrower under an agreement for high-cost short-term credit in contravention of a rule in CONC 5A.4; or(3) a firm within CONC 5A.5.1 R (1) imposes a charge in contravention of a rule in CONC 5A.3; or(4) a firm within CONC 5A.5.1 R (4) imposes a charge on behalf of a lender in contravention of a rule in CONC 5A.3; or(5)
Where an agreement for high-cost short-term credit provides for or imposes one or more charges that alone or in combination exceed or are capable of exceeding an amount set out in CONC 5A.2 or CONC 5A.3:(1) the agreement is unenforceable against the borrower to the extent that such a charge or such charges exceed or are capable of exceeding that amount; and (2) the borrower may choose not to perform the agreement to that extent and if that is the case at the written or oral request
CONC 5A.5.3 R is a residual provision that applies to a firm established in the UK which carries on debt administration or debt collection, but where the rules in CONC 5A do not apply to a lender because the lender is established outside the UK and provides electronic commerce activities into the UK. Where a borrower gives notice to the lender referred to in CONC 5A.5.3 R, only charges which exceed the amounts set out in CONC 5A.2 or CONC 5A.3 are void. The borrower remains
A request by an issuer for the listing of its securities to be suspended or cancelled must be in writing and must include:(1) the issuer's name;(2) details of the securities to which it relates and the RIEs on which they are traded;(3) a clear explanation of the background and reasons for the request;(4) the date on which the issuer requests the suspension or cancellation to take effect;(5) for a suspension, the time the issuer wants the suspension to take effect;(6) if relevant,
The issuer must also include with a request to cancel the listing of its securities the following:(1) if the cancellation is to take effect after the completion of the compulsory acquisition procedures under Chapter 3 of Part 281 of the Companies Act 20061, a copy of the notice sent to dissenting shareholders of the offeree together with written confirmation that there have been no objections made to the court within the prescribed period;11(2) for a cancellation referred to in
Cancellations will only be specified to take effect when the market opens on a specified day. An issuer should therefore ensure that all accompanying information has been provided to the FCA well before the date on which the issuer wishes the cancellation to take effect and at the very latest by 3 p.m. on the business day before it is to take effect. If the information is received after 3:00 p.m. on the day before the issuer wishes the cancellation to take effect, it will normally
A firm must (except where the contract is a credit agreement to which the disclosure regulations apply) provide sufficient information, in1 a durable medium, when the customer first enquires about the firm's services, about the following matters to enable the customer to make a reasonable decision:1(1) the nature of the firm's service offered in the contract to the customer; [Note: paragraph 3.38b of DMG](2) the duration of the contract; [Note: paragraph 3.38c of DMG](3) the total
A firm must ensure that: (1) all advice given and action taken by the firm or its agent or its appointed representative: (a) has regard to the best interests of the customer; (b) is appropriate to the individual circumstances of the customer; and (c) is based on a sufficiently full assessment of the financial circumstances of the customer;[Note: paragraph 2.6a of DMG](2) customers receive sufficient information about the available options identified as suitable for the customers'
A firm must:(1) provide the customer with a source of impartial information on the range of debt solutions available to the customer in the relevant country of the UK; [Note: paragraph 3.23b of DMG](2) before giving any advice or any recommendation on a particular course of action in relation to the customer'sdebts, carry out a reasonable and reliable assessment of:(a) the customer's financial position (including the customer's income, capital and expenditure);(b) the customer's
The following documents must be submitted, in final form, to the FCA by midday two business days before the FCA is to consider the application:(1) a completed Application for Admission of Securities to the Official List;(2) one of:(a) the prospectus, or listing particulars, that has been approved by the FCA; or(b) a copy of the prospectus, a certificate of approval and (if applicable) a translation of the summary of the prospectus, if another EEA State is the home Member State
1Written confirmation of the number of shares4that were allotted (pursuant to a board resolution allotting the shares)4 must be submitted to the FCA as soon as practicable after admission if the number is lower than the number that was announced under LR 3.2.7 G as being admitted to listing.1144
1A risks and features statement need not be personalised to the customer's circumstances but must:(1) include the Key facts logo in a prominent position at the top of the statement;(2) state that the FCA requires a firm to provide the statement;(3) state that mortgages are available and that the customer should think carefully about the product appropriate to his needs;(4) describe the significant features of the plan, including:(a) how the home purchase plan works;(b) the nature
LR 8.4.2 R to LR 8.4.4 G2 apply in relation to an application for admission of equity shares to premium listing65if an applicant does not have equity shares5already admitted to premium listing ,68 the conditions in LR 6.1.1A R do not apply and8, in connection with the application, the applicant is required to submit to the FCA:25568(1) a prospectus , supplementary prospectus8or equivalent document1; or88(2) a certificate of approval from another competent authority; or8(3)
A sponsor must:(1) submit a completed Sponsor's Declaration on an Application for Listing to the FCA either:(a) on the day the FCA is to consider the application for approval of the prospectus and prior to the time the prospectus is approved; or11(b) at a time agreed with the FCA if the FCA is not approving the prospectus or if it is determining whether a document is an equivalent document1;(2) submit a completed Shareholder Statement or Pricing Statement, as applicable, to the
A sponsor acting on a transaction falling within LR 8.4.11 R must:(1) submit a completed Sponsor's Declaration for the Production of a Circular to the FCA on the day the circular is to be approved by the FCA and prior to the time the circular is approved;(2) submit a completed Pricing Statement, if applicable, to the FCA by 9 a.m on the day the FCA is to consider the application; and(3) ensure that all matters known to it which, in its reasonable opinion, should be taken into
A firm must make at least the following information easily, directly and permanently accessible to the recipients of the information society services it provides:(1) its name;(2) the geographic address at which it is established;(3) the details of the firm, including its e-mail address, which allow it to be contacted rapidly and communicated with in a direct and effective manner;(4) an appropriate statutory status disclosure statement (GEN 4 Annex 1 R), together with a statement
A firm must (except when otherwise agreed by parties who are not consumers):(1) give an ECA recipient at least the following information, clearly, comprehensibly and unambiguously, and before the order is placed by the recipient of the service:(a) the different technical steps to follow to conclude the contract;(b) whether or not the concluded contract will be filed by the firm and whether it will be accessible;(c) the technical means for identifying and correcting input errors
(1) A financial promotion must specify the typical APR if the promotion:(a) specifies any other rate of charge;(b) includes any of the items of information listed in CONC 3.6.10R (5) to (7);(c) indicates in any way, whether expressly or by implication,3 including by means of the name given to a business or of an address used by a business for the purposes of electronic communication, that:(i) credit is available to persons who might otherwise consider their access to credit restricted;
(1) In the case of a financial promotion about running-account credit, the following assumptions have effect for the purpose of calculating the total charge for credit and any APR, notwithstanding the terms of the transaction advertised and in place of any assumptions in CONC App 1.1.11 R to CONC App 1.1.18 R that might otherwise apply:(a) the amount of the credit to be provided must be taken to be £1,500 or, in a case where credit is to be provided subject to a credit limit
(1) The amount of credit which may be provided under a credit agreement or an indication of one or both of the maximum amount and the minimum amount of credit which may be provided. [Note: paragraph 1 of schedule 2 to CCAR 2004]Deposit of money in an account(2) A statement of any requirement to place on deposit any sum of money in any account with any person. [Note: paragraph 2 of schedule 2 to CCAR 2004]Cash price(3) In the case of a financial promotion about credit to be provided
In order to provide the unitholders with regular and relevant information about the progress of the authorised fund, the authorised fund manager must:(1) prepare a short report and a long report half-yearly and annually; (2) send the short report to all unitholders; and(3) make the long report available to unitholders on request.
(1) An annual long report on an authorised fund, other than a scheme which is an umbrella, must contain:(a) the 3accounts for the annual accounting period which must be prepared in accordance with the requirements of the IMA SORP;(b) the report of the authorised fund manager in accordance with COLL 4.5.9 R (Authorised fund manager's report);(c) comparative information12 in accordance with COLL 4.5.10 R (Comparative information12);1212(d) the report of the depositary in accordance
(1) The figure for the "return before operating charges" shown in the comparative table required by COLL 4.5.10R (1A) should include all costs and charges actually borne by the class of units it describes.(2) The indication of actual costs and charges borne by a class of units should cover pro-rata allocations of the operating charges borne by the scheme (e.g. annual management fee, fees and expenses payable to the depositary, auditors and FCA, costs of buying and selling units
The authorised fund manager must ensure that the report of the auditor to the unitholders includes the following statements:33(1) whether, in the auditor's opinion, the accounts have been properly prepared in accordance with the IMA SORP, the rules in this sourcebook, and the instrument constituting the fund;1010(2) whether, in the auditor's opinion, the accounts give a true and fair view of the net revenue3and the net capital 3gains or losses on3the scheme property of the authorised