1. Where a term is defined in Directive 2014/65/EU (as that directive applied in the European Union immediately before IP completion day) that definition shall apply for the purposes of this Regulation except where it is defined in article 2 of Regulation No 600/2014/EU in which case that definition shall apply for the purposes of this Regulation.
2. The definition of all other terms defined in article 2 of Regulation 600/2014/EU shall apply for the purposes of this Regulation.
3. Article 2(1)(62) of Regulation 600/2014/EU applies for the purposes of this Regulation unless otherwise stated.
4. Any reference in these Regulations to a sourcebook is to a sourcebook in the Handbook of Rules and Guidance published by the FCA containing rules made by the FCA under FSMA, as the sourcebook has effect on IP completion day.
5. The ‘relevant area’ in relation to a financial instrument means the United Kingdom and such other countries or regions as have been specified by the FCA by direction for the purposes of Article 5 or Article 14 of Regulation (EU) No 600/2014, as the context requires.
6. References to the date of application of Regulation (EU) No 600/2014 mean the date of application of that Regulation in the European Union.