Related provisions for SYSC 5.2.34
1 - 8 of 8 items.
(1) [deleted] Editor’s note: The text of this provision has been moved to SYSC 27.2.15G(1)) and SYSC 27.2.15G(2)]8(2) [deleted] Editor’s note: The text of this provision has been moved to SYSC 27.2.15G(3)]8(3) [deleted] Editor’s note: The text of this provision has been moved to SYSC27.2.15G(4)]8
If a3firm (A):2(1) appoints someone (P) to a certification function2 position; (2) obtains a reference from an ex-employer; and(3) later wishes to renew P’s certificate under the certification regime; it is unlikely that A will need to ask for another reference from that ex-employer or ask for it to be reissued unless there is a change in P’s role of the type described in SYSC 27.2.15G (major changes in role).
(1) If a3firm (A):2(a) appoints someone (P) to a certification function2 or an approved person position;(b) obtains a reference from an ex-employer (B); and(c) later wishes to: (i) appoint P to another certification function2 or approved person position; or(ii) keep P in the same certification function2 but make a change in P’s role of the type described in SYSC 27.2.15G (major changes in role), whether that change is made at a time when the certificate has not yet come up for
(1) Where a3firm needs to fill a vacancy for a certification function2 which could not have reasonably been foreseen, the FCA recognises that it may not be reasonable to expect the firm to obtain references prior to issuing a certificate.22(2) In such cases, the SMCR firm2 should take up the reference as soon as reasonably possible.(3) If a reference obtained later raises concerns about the person’s fitness and propriety, the 3firm should revisit its decision to issue the person
(1) (a) This paragraph CASS 1A.3.1BG describes how CASS 1A.3.1AR applies to SMCR firms.8343(b) The8 function in CASS 1A.3.1AR is not a separate controlled function and performing that function does not require approval as an approved person.837(c) 7However, nothing in paragraphs (1A) to (4) affects the requirement for the function in CASS 1A.3.1AR to be allocated to a single director or senior manager of sufficient skill and authority in accordance with CASS 1A.3.1AR and CASS
1CASS 11.3.3G(5) to (11)2 also apply to a CASS small debt management firm that is an SMCR firm3 and the function in CASS 11.3.1R. However:(1) the function in CASS 11.3.1R is not a separate FCA certification function3; and(2) the person performing that function will not necessarily be subject to the employee certification regime described in SYSC 27 (Senior managers and certification regime: Certification regime3).
(1) [deleted]41(2) As a consequence of CASS 11.3.4R4, in a CASS large debt management firm (including a not-for-profit debt advice body fitting into that category) the function described in CASS 11.3.4R is required to be discharged by a director or senior manager.1(3) [deleted]4313(4) [deleted]413(4A) 3For an SMCR firm, the function in CASS 11.3.4R is not a separate controlled function and performing that function does not require approval as an approved person. Paragraphs (5)
(1) COCON applies to the conduct of 6conduct rules staff set out in (2) 6wherever it is performed.(2) 6This rule applies to:(a) a senior conduct rules staff member; and(b) a certification employee performing FCA certification function (6)12 (material risk takers) in the table in SYSC 27.7.3R for a UK SMCR firm12.12
5Under section 63E(1) of the Act, an SMCR firm6 (including a credit union) should take reasonable care to ensure that no employee of the firm performs an FCA certification function6 under an arrangement entered into by the firm in relation to the carrying on by that firm of a regulated activity, unless the employee has a valid certificate issued by that firm to perform the function to which the certificate relates. The definition of employee for these purposes goes beyond a conventional
(1) SYSC 22.9.1R applies to keeping records created before the date this chapter came into force as well as ones created afterwards.(2) A3firm does not breach the requirements of this chapter by failing to include something in a reference or by failing to have records2 because it destroyed the relevant records before the date this chapter came into force in accordance with the record keeping requirements applicable to it at the time of destruction.2(3) (1) also applies to records
(1) Twice a year a firm must provide the FCA with a complete report concerning complaints received from eligible complainants about matters relating to activities carried out by its employees when acting as retail investment advisers. The report must be set out in the format in DISP 1 Annex 1C R.104777(2) DISP 1 Annex 1C R requires (for the relevant reporting period) information about:10(a) the total number of complaints received by the firm about matters relating to activities