Related provisions for SYSC 22.3.4
1 - 7 of 7 items.
(1) A firm carrying out contracts of insurance, or a managing agent managing insurance business, including in either case business accepted under reinsurance to close, which includes United Kingdom commercial lines employers' liability insurance, must:(a) produce an employers’ liability register complying with the requirements in (2) and ICOBS 8 Annex 1;(b) [deleted]5(c) [deleted]5(1A) [deleted]5(2) For the purposes of (1)(a) the employers’ liability register is required to:(a)
The conditions referred to in ICOBS 8.4.4R (2)(d) and ICOBS 8.4.7R (1)(a)(ii) are that the tracing office is one which:(1) maintains a database which:(a) accurately and reliably stores information submitted to it by firms for the purposes of complying with these rules;(b) has systems which can adequately keep it up to date in the light of new information provided by firms;(c) has an effective search function which allows a person inputting data included on the database relating
(1) ICOBS 8.4.4R (2)(b) and ICOBS 8.4.9R (1) require a firm, or a tracing office used by a firm, to have an effective search function in relation to the employers’ liability register database. In the FCA's view an effective search function is one which finds all matches in the register to any specified whole word.(2) For the purposes of ICOBS 8.4.9R (5) the term ‘without delay’ should have the same meaning as in ICOBS 8.4.5G (2). (3) In order to assist firms with their obligations
(1) SYSC 22.2.1R (Obligation of an SMCR firm2 to try to obtain a reference) applies even if the ex-employer is not a firm.(2) An SMCR firm2 should take all reasonable steps to try to obtain the reference in these circumstances. However, the FCA accepts that the previous employer may not be willing to give sufficient information.
(1) If an SMCR firm2 (A): (a) appoints someone (P) to a certification function2 or an approved person position;(b) obtains a reference from an ex-employer (B); and(c) later wishes to: (i) appoint P to another certification function2 or approved person position; or(ii) keep P in the same certification function2 but make a change in P’s role of the type described in SYSC 27.2.15G (major changes in role), whether that change is made at a time when the certificate has not yet come
If:(1) a firm (A) appoints someone (P) to a certification function2 or approved person position;(2) A obtains a reference from an ex-employer (B); (3) later P transfers to a certification function2 or an approved person position with an SMCR firm2 in A’s group (C); (4) B’s reference is:(a) addressed to all firms in A’s group; or(b) otherwise drafted so that it is clear that C may rely on it; and(5) C does not need to ask for the reference to be reissued or amended, taking account
(1) If an SMCR firm2 (A) is considering:1(a) permitting or appointing someone (P) to perform a controlled function; or(b) issuing a certificate under the certification regime for P; (as explained in more detail in rows (A) and (B) of the table in SYSC 22.2.3R), A must take reasonable steps to obtain appropriate references from: (c) P’s current employer; and(d) anyone who has been P’s employer in the past six years.(2) A must take reasonable steps to obtain the reference before
(1) SYSC 22.9.1R applies to keeping records created before the date this chapter came into force as well as ones created afterwards.(2) An SMCR firm2 does not breach the requirements of this chapter by failing to include something in a reference or by failing to have records2 because it destroyed the relevant records before the date this chapter came into force in accordance with the record keeping requirements applicable to it at the time of destruction.(3) (1) also applies to
If:(1) a firm (A) is thinking of appointing someone (P) to a position that entitles A to obtain a reference from another firm (B); and (2) P was an employee of other members of B’s group as well as of B;then:(3) (if A is an SMCR firm2) A should ask all the group members that employed P for a reference; (4) B should give a reference if A asks it to (whether or not A is an SMCR firm2);(5) P’s employers in that group (including any that are not firms) may give a single joint reference;