Related provisions for SUP 10C.11.12
1 - 10 of 10 items.
(1) A firm must provide a revised statement of responsibilities under section 62A of the Act (SUP 10C Annex 10D)5 under cover of Form J (SUP 10C Annex 9D5).(2) A firm must not use Form J where the revisions are to be made as part of arrangements involving an application:(a) for approval for the FCA-approved SMF manager concerned to perform another designated senior management function for the same firm; or(b) to vary (under section 63ZA of the Act (Variation of senior manager’s
Table: Examples5 of how the requirements for submitting statements of responsibilities work1ExampleComments(1) A firm applies for approval for A to perform the executive director function5 and the money laundering reporting function5.There should be a single statement of responsibilities document that covers the two functions.The combined document should be included with the application for approval.(2) Firm X applies for approval for A to perform the executive director function5.
(1) A firm should generally use Form E where an approved person is both ceasing to perform one or more controlled functions and needs to be approved in relation to one or more FCA-designated senior management functions within the same firm or group. (2) In certain cases, a firm should use Form A. (2A) 3When a MiFID investment firm (except a credit institution) notifies the FCA of a change using Form A or Form E, it may also have to4 submit the MiFID Article 4 SMR Information Form
(1) A firm must notify the FCA no later than ten3business days after an FCA-approved SMF manager ceases to perform an FCA-designated senior management function.(2) It must make that notification by submitting to the FCA a completed Form C (SUP 10C Annex 5R4).(3) If: (a) the firm is also making an application for approval for that approved person to perform a controlled function within the same firm or group; and(b) ceasing to perform the FCA-designated senior management function
If an FCA-approved SMF manager's title, name or national insurance number changes, the firm for which the person performs an FCA-designated senior management function must notify the FCA on Form D (SUP 10C Annex 6R4), of that change within seven business days of the firm4 becoming aware of the matter.
(1) If any of the details relating to:(a) the arrangements in relation to any of a firm'sFCA-approved SMF managers; or(b) any FCA-designated senior management functions of one of its FCA-approved SMF managers;are to change, the firm must notify the FCA on Form D (SUP 10C Annex 6R4).(2) The notification under (1) must be made as soon as reasonably practicable after the firm becomes aware of the proposed change.(3) This rule does not apply to anything required to be notified under
(1) A firm must use Form E (SUP 10C Annex 7D6) where an approved person:6(a) is both ceasing to perform one or more controlled functions; and6(b) needs to be approved in relation to one or more FCA-designated senior management function;6within the same firm or group.(2) A firm must not use Form E if the approved person has never before been approved to perform for any firm:(a) an FCA controlled function that is a significant influence function;(b) an FCA-designated senior management
(1) A firm must use Form E where an approved person is both ceasing to perform one or more controlled functions and needs to be approved in relation to one or more FCA controlled functions within the same firm or group.(2) A firm must not use Form E if: 2(a) the approved person has never before been approved to perform for any firm:2(i) an FCA controlled function that is2 a significant-influence function; or2(ii) an FCA-designated senior management function; or2(iii) a PRA controlled
Table: Examples of how the other local responsibility function appliesExampleComments(1) ‘A’ is allocated local responsibility for one of a branch’s main business lines. A is also appointed to perform a PRA-designated senior management function for the same branch. A only needs approval to perform the PRA-designated senior management function. (2) ‘A’ is outside the branch’s management structure and A’s responsibilities for the branch are limited to setting overall strategy for
Table: FCA approved persons forms and other documents1Form or other documentPurposeHandbook requirementThe6 relevant Form ASUP 10C Annex 3D6Application to perform designated senior management functions6SUP 10C.10.8DForm BSUP 10C Annex 4R6Notice to withdraw an application to perform controlled functions under the approved persons regimeSUP 10C.10.36RNotice to withdraw an application to vary an approval under the senior managers regime6SUP 10C.13.15RForm CSUP 10C Annex 5R6Notice