Related provisions for MCOB 5.6.81
1 - 12 of 12 items.
MCOB 9.4.111 R(3) would require, for example, a reference to the fact that the overall cost takes into account mortgage payment protection insurance where this is required as a condition of the lifetime mortgage7 to which the illustration relates. The requirement to take out such insurance must be stated in Sections 5 and 12 of the illustration in accordance with MCOB 9.4.24 R(7), MCOB 9.4.72 R or MCOB 9.4.76 R.7
(1) 8Under the section heading "What you have told us", the illustration must state the minimum information a firm must obtain from the customer (apart from details of the plan that the customer is interested in, which is in Section 5 of the illustration), and can include brief details of any other information that has been obtained from the customer and used to produce the illustration.(2) For an instalment reversion plan, where the customer requests an additional illustration
(1) Under the section heading 'What you have told us', the illustration must state the information that has been obtained from the customer under MCOB 5.6.6 R (apart from MCOB 5.6.6 R(1) which is provided for in Section 4 of the illustration), and can include brief details of any other information that has been obtained from the customer and used to produce the illustration.(2) If the amount on which the illustration is based includes the amount that the customer wants to borrow
Under the section heading 'What fees must you pay?' the illustration must:(1) itemise all the fees that are included in the calculation of the APR in accordance with MCOB 10 (Annual Percentage Rate), excluding any charges for insurance set out in Section 9 in accordance with MCOB 5.6.73 R; and1(2) include a statement at the end of the section using the following text:'You may have to pay other taxes or costs in addition to any fees shown here.'
An example of a fee that would normally be included in Section 8 would be a fee to re-inspect a property after completion of works if it is known that this fee will be charged at the time the illustration is produced. An example of a fee that would not be included would be a fee payable by the customer to insure their property elsewhere (however this would need to be stated in Section 9 of the illustration 'Insurance', as required by MCOB 5.6.77 R(2)). Fees payable upon repayment
(1) Under the section heading 'Insurance' the illustration must include details of:(a) insurance which is a tied product; and(b) insurance which is required as a condition of the regulated mortgage contract which is not a tied product.(2) A firm may also provide details of insurance which it is optional for the customer to take out under this section heading.(3) It must be clear to the customer which products he is required to purchase under which circumstances (for example, where
The following information must be included under the sub-heading 'Insurance you must take out as a condition of this mortgage but that you do not have to take out through [insert the name of the mortgage lender, or where relevant the name of the mortgage intermediary, or both]':(1) if the regulated mortgage contract requires the customer to take out an insurance policy (other than that which is a tied product which the customer is obliged to purchase through the mortgage lender,
Under the sub-heading 'Insurance you must take out as a condition of this mortgage but that you do not have to take out through [insert name of mortgage lender or where relevant the name of the mortgage intermediary, or both]' the illustration should not include any insurance policy that may be taken out by a mortgage lender itself to protect its own interests rather than the customer's interests, for example, because of the ratio of the loan amount to the property value.1
If the cost of any insurance that the mortgage lender might take out to protect its own interests, because of the ratio of the loan amount to the property value, is passed on to the customer, it will be shown elsewhere in the illustration, for example, as a higher lending charge or in the interest rate charged.
A firm may include in the illustration, under the sub-heading 'Optional insurance', quotations (estimated where necessary) for any insurance products (other than the insurance products covered elsewhere in the illustration in accordance with MCOB 5.6.74 R and MCOB 5.6.77 R) that the firm issuing the illustration wishes to promote to the customer.
(1) If any quotations for insurance are included in the illustration in accordance with MCOB 5.6.74 R(3), MCOB 5.6.77 R(1) or MCOB 5.6.80 R, the illustration:(a) must include a brief description only of the type of insurance (full details of the insurance cover may however be provided separately); and(b) (i) must include the total price to be paid by the customer in a column on the right hand side of the illustration under the heading '[insert frequency of payments quoted] payments';
(1) In calculating example cash amounts in accordance with MCOB 5.6.84 R(1)(f), it must be assumed that:(a) the regulated mortgage contract is repaid in full;(b) unless the original amount borrowed is used, that all payments due on the regulated mortgage contract are actually paid;(c) additional fees and charges such as insurance premiums have been paid; and(d) no underpayments or overpayments have been made.(2) If:(a) cashbacks or other incentives need to be repaid; or(b) fees
A firm that enters into a lifetime mortgage1 with a customer where interest payments are required (whether or not they will be collected by deduction from the income from an annuity or other linked investment product) must provide the customer with the following information before the customer makes the first payment under the contract:1(1) the amount of the first payment required;(2) the amount of the subsequent payments;(3) the method by which the payments will be collected
Where thelifetime mortgage1 provides for a lump sum payment to be made to the customer, and all or part of the interest will be rolled up during the life of the mortgage, the firm must provide the customer with the following information before the customer makes the first payment under the contract, or if no payments are required from the customer, within seven days of completion of the mortgage:1(1) if no payments are required from the customer, confirmation that no payments
(1) When explaining the implications of a change, a firm should explain any changes to the benefits and significant or unusual exclusions arising from the change.(2) Firms will need to consider whether mid-term changes are compatible with the original policy, in particular whether it reserves the right to vary premiums, charges or other terms. Firms also need to ensure that any terms which reserve the right to make variations are not themselves unfair under the Unfair Terms R
(1) Before a pure protection contract is concluded, a firm must inform a customer of the information in the table below.(2) The information must be communicated in a clear and accurate manner, in writing, and in an official language of the State of the commitment or in another language agreed by the parties.Information to be communicated before conclusion(1)The name of the insurance undertaking and its legal form.(2)The name of the EEA State in which the head office and, where