Related provisions for LR 13.1.5
1 - 20 of 22 items.
Financial information, as set out in this section, must be included by a listed company in a class 1 circular if:(1) the listed company is seeking to acquire an interest in a target which will result in a consolidation of the target's assets and liabilities with those of the listed company; or(2) the listed company is seeking to dispose of an interest in a target which will result in the assets and liabilities no longer being consolidated; or(3) the target ("A") has itself acquired
(1) A listed company must present all financial information that is disclosed in a class 1 circular in a form that is consistent with the accounting policies adopted in its own latest annual consolidated accounts.(2) The requirement set out in paragraph (1) does not apply to financial information presented in accordance with LR 13.5.36 R.
If financial information has not been extracted directly from audited accounts, the class 1 circular must:(1) set out the basis and assumptions on which the financial information has been prepared; and(2) include a statement that the financial information is unaudited or not reported on by an accountant.
An accountant's opinion must set out:(1) whether, for the purposes of the class 1 circular, the financial information table gives a true and fair view of the financial matters set out in it; and(2) whether the financial information table has been prepared in a form that is consistent with the accounting policies adopted in the listed company's latest annual accounts.
If an accountant's report, which contains the accountant's opinion required by LR 13.5.21 R, is modified details of all material matters must be set out in the class 1 circular, including:(1) all the reasons for the modification; and(2) a quantification of the effects, if both relevant and practicable.
(1) This rule applies if the target is:(a) admitted to trading; or(b) a company whose securities are listed on an overseas investment exchangeor admitted to trading on an overseasregulated market;and a material adjustment needs to be made to the target's financial statements to achieve consistency with the listed company's accounting policies.(2) A listed company must include the following in the class 1 circular:(a) a reconciliation of financial information on the target, for
If the target of an acquisition has published half-yearly or quarterly financial information subsequent to the period set out in LR 13.5.13R (1) or (2), such financial information must be:(1) reproduced in the class 1 circular; and(2) reconciled in accordance with LR 13.5.27R (2), if applicable.
If, prior to the class 1 transaction, a profit forecast or profit estimate was published that:(1) relates to the listed company, a significant part of the listedcompanygroup, or the target; and(2) is still outstanding;the listed company must include that profit forecast or profit estimate in the class 1 circular or include an explanation of why the profit forecast or profit estimate is no longer valid.
A circular relating to a resolution proposing to grant the directors' authority to allot shares or other securities pursuant to section 551 (Power of directors to allot shares etc: authorisation by company) of the Companies Act 20066 must include:(1) a statement of the maximum amount of shares or other securities6 which the directors will have authority to allot and the percentage which that amount represents of the total ordinary share capital in issue (excluding treasury shares)
A circular relating to a resolution proposing to disapply the statutory pre-emption rights under section 5613 of the Companies Act 20063 (Existing shareholders' right of pre-emption)1 must include:12323(1) a statement of the maximum amount of equity securities which the disapplication will cover; and(2) if there is a general disapplication for equity securities for cash made otherwise than to existing shareholders in proportion to their existing holdings, the percentage which
A circular relating to a resolution proposing to reduce the company's capital, other than a reduction of capital pursuant to section 626 of the Companies Act 2006 (Reduction of capital in connection with redenomination),4 must include a statement of the reasons for, and the effects of, the proposal.
(1) A circular relating to a resolution proposing a capitalisation or bonus issue must include:(a) the reason for the issue;(b) a statement of the last date on which transfers were or will be accepted for registration to participate in the issue;(c) details of the proportional entitlement; and(d) a description of the nature and amount of reserves which are to be capitalised.(2) Any timetable set out in the circular must have been approved by the RIE on which the company'sequity
(1) A circular containing an offer to shareholders of the right to elect to receive shares instead of all or part of a cash dividend must include:(a) a statement of the total number of shares that would be issued if all eligible shareholders were to elect to receive shares for their entire shareholdings, and the percentage which that number represents of the equity shares (excluding treasury shares) in issue at the date of the circular;(b) in a prominent position, details of the
(1) A circular relating to any proposal where shareholders are entitled to complete a mandate in order to receive shares instead of future cash dividends must include:(a) the information in LR 13.8.6R (1)(d) and (f)1;1(b) the basis of the calculation of the number of shares to be offered instead of cash;(c) a statement of last date for lodging notice of participation or cancellation in order for that instruction to be valid for the next dividend;(d) details of when adjustment
(1) When holders of listedequity shares5are sent a notice of meeting which includes any business, other than ordinary business at an annual general meeting, an explanatory circular must accompany the notice. If the other business is to be considered at or on the same day as an annual general meeting, the explanation may be incorporated in the directors' report.(2) A circular or other document convening an annual general meeting at which only ordinary business is to be conducted
A circular to shareholders about proposed amendments to the constitution must include:(1) an explanation of the effect of the proposed amendments; and(2) either the full terms of the proposed amendments, or a statement that the full terms will be available for inspection:(a) from the date of sending the circular until the close of the relevant general meeting at a place in or near the City of London or such other place as the FSA may determine; and(b) at the place of the general
A circular to shareholders about the approval of an employee'sshare scheme or long-term incentive scheme must:(1) include either the full text of the scheme or a description of its principal terms;(2) include, if directors of the listed company are trustees of the scheme, or have a direct or indirect interest in the trustees, details of the trusteeship or interest;(3) state that the provisions (if any) relating to:(a) the persons to whom, or for whom, securities, cash or other
A circular to shareholders about proposed amendments to an employees' share scheme or a long-term incentive scheme must include:(1) an explanation of the effect of the proposed amendments; and(2) the full terms of the proposed amendments, or a statement that the full text of the scheme as amended will be available for inspection.
(1) A circular to holders of listed securities convertible into shares reminding them of the times when conversion rights are exercisable must include:(a) the date of the last day for lodging conversion forms and the date of the expected sending of the certificates;(b) a statement of the market values for the securities on the first dealing day in each of the six months before the date of the circular and on the latest practicable date before sending the circular;(c) the basis
A class 1 circular must also include the following information:(1) the information given in the notification (see LR 10.4.1R);(2) the information required by LR 13 Annex 1;(3) the information required by LR 13.5 (if applicable); and(4) a declaration by its directors in the following form (with appropriate modifications):"The directors of [the company], whose names appear on page [ ], accept responsibility for the information contained in this document. To the best of the knowledge
If a class 1 circular contains a modified accountant's report, as described in LR 13.5.25 R, the class 1 circular must set out:(1) whether the modification is significant to shareholders;(2) if the modification is significant to shareholders, the reason for its significance; and(3) a statement from the directors explaining why they are able to recommend the proposal set out in the class 1 circular notwithstanding the modified accountant's report.
(1) If a class 1 circular relates to a takeover offer which is recommended by the offeree's board and the listed company has had access to due diligence information on the offeree at the time the class 1 circular is published, the listed company must prepare and publish the working capital statement on the basis that the acquisition has taken place.(2) If a class 1 circular relates to a takeover offer which has not been recommended by the offeree's board or the listed company
4The FSA may authorise the omission of information required by LR 13.3 to LR 13.6, LR 13.8 and LR 13 Annex 1, if it considers that disclosure of that information would be contrary to the public interest or seriously detrimental to the listed company, provided that that omission would not be likely to mislead the public with regard to facts and circumstances, knowledge of which is essential for the assessment of the matter covered by the circular.
The following documents (to the extent applicable) must be lodged with the FSA in final form before it will approve a circular:(1) a Sponsors Declaration for the Production of a Circular completed by the sponsor;(2) for a class 1 circular or related party circular, a letter setting out any items of information required by this chapter that are not applicable in that particular case;(3) the sponsor's Conflicts Declaration2; and(4) any other document that the FSA has sought in advance
The FSA will only approve a circular between 9a.m. and 5.30p.m. on a business day (unless alternative arrangements are made in advance).Note: LR 9.6.1 R requires a company to forward to the FSA two copies of all circulars issued (whether or not they require approval) for publication on the document viewing facility.
An operator of an unregulated collective investment scheme must, subject to the exceptions from the requirement to provide a periodic statement, provide to participants in the scheme, promptly and at suitable intervals, a statement in a durable medium which contains adequate information on the value and composition of the portfolio of the scheme at the beginning and end of the period of the statement.
(1) An operator should act in accordance with the provisions in the right hand column of the periodic statements table (see COBS 18.5.15E) to fulfil the requirement to prepare and issue periodic statements indicated in the left hand column against these provisions.(2) Compliance with (1) may be relied on as tending to establish compliance with the requirement to prepare and issue periodic statements.(3) Contravention of (1) may be relied on as tending to establish contravention
An operator of an unregulated collective investment scheme must make a copy of any periodic statement it has provided in accordance with the requirement to prepare and issue periodic statements to participants in the scheme. The record must be retained for a minimum period of three years.
Table: General contents of a periodic statementThis table belongs to COBS 18.5.15 E.General contents of periodic statements1Contents and value(a)As at the beginning of the account period, the total value of the portfolio of the scheme, being either:(i)the value of the assets comprised in the portfolio on the date as at which the statement provided for the immediately preceding period of account is made up; or(ii)in the case of the first periodic statement, the value of the assets
(1) A circular relating to a resolution proposing to give the company authority to purchase its own equity securities must also include:(a) if the authority sought is a general one, a statement of the directors' intentions about using the authority;(b) if known, the method by which the company intends to acquire its equity shares and the number to be acquired in that way;(c) a statement of whether the company intends to cancel the equity shares or hold them in treasury;(d) if
A related party circular must also include:(1) in all cases the following information referred to in the PD Regulation relating to the company:Paragraph of Annex 1 of the PD Regulation;(a) Annex 1 item 5.1.1 – Issuer name;(b) Annex 1 item 5.1.4 – Issuer address;(c) Annex 1 item 18.1 – Major shareholders;(d) Annex 1 item 20.9 – Significant changes;(e) Annex 1 item 22 – Material contracts (if it is information which shareholders of the company would reasonably require to make a
(1) A prospectus must be drawn up in English and published as a document by the authorised fund manager and, for an ICVC, it must be approved by the directors.(2) The authorised fund manager must ensure that the prospectus:(a) contains the information required by COLL 4.2.5 R (Table: contents of the prospectus);(b) does not contain any provision which is unfairly prejudicial to the interests of unitholders generally or to the unitholders of any class of units;(c) does not contain
Examples of when the FSA may require the suspension of trading of a financial instrument include:(1) if an issuer fails to make a RIS announcement as required by the disclosure rules within the applicable time-limits which the FSA considers could affect the interests of investors or affect the smooth operation of the market; or(2) if there is or there may be a leak of inside information and the issuer is unwilling or unable to issue an appropriate RIS announcement within a reasonable
(1) 4The authorised fund manager of a UCITS scheme which is a feeder UCITS must:(a) where requested by an investor, provide copies of the annual and half-yearly long reports of its master UCITS free of charge; and(b) file copies of the annual and half-yearly long reports of its master UCITS with the FSA .(2) Except where an investor requests paper copies or the use of electronic communications is not appropriate, the annual and half-yearly long reports of its master UCITS may
(1) Authorised fund managers are advised that CESR issued two separate guidelines regarding the methodology that should be used in calculating the synthetic risk and reward indicator and the ongoing charges figure, both of which must be disclosed in the key investor information document for each UCITS scheme which they manage.(2) In line with the KII Regulation, firms in producing their key investor information documents should take account of CESR's methodologies in calculating
Advice is excluded by article 54 of the Regulated Activities Order from the regulated activities of advising on investments and advising on a home finance transaction1if:1(1) the advice is given in a publication or service that is in one of three formats (see PERG 7.4.3 G and PERG 7.4.4 G); and(2) the principal purpose of the particular format is neither to give certain advice nor to lead to (or enable) certain transactions to be carried out (see PERG 7.4.5 G and PERG 7.4.10
(1) This section assists in securing the regulatory objective of protecting consumers through requirements which govern the payments out of scheme property and charges imposed on investors when buying or selling units.(2) The requirements clarify the nature of permitted charges and payments and ensure the disclosure for unitholders of any increases in charges and payments to the authorised fund manager.(3) The prospectus should make adequate provision for payments from an authorised
Where, in relation to an offer in the United Kingdom, no prospectus is required under the Act, the issuer and offeror must ensure that material information they provide to qualified investors or special categories of investors, including information disclosed in the context of meetings relating to offers, is disclosed to all qualified investors or special categories of investors to whom the offer is exclusively addressed. [Note: article 15.5 PD]
(1) Issuers which are subject to an obligation to publish a prospectus under the Prospectus Directive are required by Article 3 of the PD Regulation to disclose risk factors. These requirements are set out in PR 2.3.1 EU and PR App 3.1.1 EU.(2) In complying with these obligations, issuers should consider disclosing the risk that actions by a regulatory authority in relation to the issuer may adversely affect the ability of the issuer to meet its obligations to investors or the
(1) The appropriate manner and timescale of notification referred to in COLL 11.3.13R (2) and (3)(b) will depend on the nature and significance of the matter. Consequently, the authorised fund manager will need to assess each matter individually.(2) An appropriate manner of notification could include sending an immediate notification to the unitholders, or arranging for the information to be published on one or more websites where it is reasonable likely to be seen by investors.(3)
(1) An issuer must ensure that any circular it issues to holders of its listed securities relating to a resolution proposing to redeem listed securities before their due date for redemption includes:(a) an explanation of the reasons for the early redemption;(b) a statement of the market values for the securities on the first dealing day in each of the six months before the date of the circular and on the latest practicable date before sending the circular;(c) a statement of any