Related provisions for CONC 7.17.1
1 - 20 of 36 items.
9A firm must not make a personal recommendation to a retail client in relation to a retail investment product or P2P agreement12if it knows, or ought to know, that:(1) the product’s charges,12 the platform service provider's charges or the operator of the electronic system in relation to lending’s charges 12are presented in a way that offsets or may appear to offset any adviser charges or platform charges that are payable by that retail client; or(2) the product’s charges or other
(1) 15This activity is aimed at what are sometimes referred to as peer-to-peer lending platforms. A person ("A") will be operating an electronic system in relation to lending if he operates an electronic system which enables him to facilitate persons ("B" and "C") becoming the lender and borrower under an article 36H agreement. (2) To be caught, all of the following conditions must be met:(a) the electronic system operated by A must be capable of determining which agreements should
(1) 3This rule applies if the lender, or the prospective lender, under a P2P agreement is, or would be, carrying on by way of business the regulated activity of entering into a regulated credit agreement as lender by entering into the agreement.(2) Any fee to be paid by the borrower to the operator of an electronic system in relation to lending must be agreed between the borrower and the operator, and that agreement must be recorded in writing or other durable medium before the
(1) 1This rule applies if:(a) a firm with permission to carry on the activity of operating an electronic system in relation to lending is to facilitate the entry into a P2P agreement; (b) the prospective borrower is an individual; and(c) an individual other than the borrower (in this rule referred to as “the guarantor”) is to provide a guarantee or an indemnity (or both) in relation to the P2P agreement.(2) The firm must, before the P2P agreement is made, provide the guarantor
16An operator of an electronic system in relation to lending must take reasonable steps to ensure that arrangements are in place to ensure that P2P agreements facilitated by it will continue to be managed and administered, in accordance with the contract terms, if at any time it ceases to carry on the activity of operating an electronic system in relation to lending.
16Any arrangements made under SYSC 4.1.8A R must be notified to lenders under P2P agreements:(1) when such arrangements are made; or(2) if later, when the lender first becomes a lender under a P2P agreement with that operator; or(3) if the arrangements are changed, when that change is made; and(4) if the arrangement involves another firm taking over the management and administration of P2P agreements if the operator ceases to operate the electronic system in relation to lending,
16Arrangements to ensure P2P agreements facilitated by the firm continue to be managed and administered may include:(1) entering into an arrangement with another firm to take over the management and administration of P2P agreements if the operator ceases to operate the electronic system in relation to lending; or(2) holding sufficient collateral in a segregated account to cover the cost of management and administration while the loan book is wound down; or(3) entering into an
16(1) An operator of an electronic system in relation to lending must not accept, take, or receive the transfer of full ownership of money relating to P2P agreements.18(2) If an operator of an electronic system in relation to lending has made a client money election under CASS 7.10.7AR, when it is operating an electronic system in relation to non-P2P agreements it must also not accept, take, or receive the transfer of full ownership of money relating to non-P2P agreements.18
(1) 4If both the conditions in (a) and (b) below are met in respect of a firm, or the firm reasonably expects that they will all be met in the future, then the firm has the option to elect to comply with this chapter for all of the money described in those conditions: (a) the firm receives or holds money for one or more persons in the course of, or in connection with, the firm’s activity of operating an electronic system in relation to non-P2P agreements; and(b) those persons
(1) 4When a firm makes an election under CASS 7.10.7AR it must write to any customer (“C”) with whom it has agreed to provide relevant electronic lending services in C’s capacity as a lender or prospective lender, informing C at least one month before it will start to hold the money in accordance with the client money rules:(a) that all the money it holds in the course of, or in connection with, operating an electronic system in relation to non-P2P agreements for lenders and
4If a firm that has made an election under CASS 7.10.7AR subsequently decides to cancel that election:(1) it can only do so by writing to the FCA, at least one month before the date the election ceases to be effective; (2) it must write to any customer with whom, as at the time of the cancellation, it has agreed to operate an electronic system in relation to non-P2P agreements in their capacity as a lender or prospective lender, informing them at least one month before the date
(1) 4Where a firm has made an election under CASS 7.10.7AR: (a) it should treat money held for a client as client money both in the course of or in connection with: (i) operating an electronic system in relation to lending; and(ii) operating an electronic system in relation to non-P2P agreements;(b) (a) is regardless of whether, at the time the firm is holding the money, the client could or could not be a lender under a P2P agreement; and(c) under SYSC 4.1.8ER(2) it will be not
1This chapter applies, unless otherwise stated in or in relation to a rule, to:(1) a firm with respect to consumer credit lending;(2) a firm with respect to consumer hiring;(3) a firm with respect to operating an electronic system in relation to lending, in relation to a borrower under a P2P agreement;(4) a firm with respect to debt collecting.
The following sections provide otherwise for application:(1) CONC 7.12 (lenders' responsibilities in relation to debt) applies only to firms in respect of consumer credit lending;(2) CONC 7.17 to CONC 7.19 apply only to firms operating electronic systems in relation to lending in relation to borrowers under P2P agreements as set out in those sections.
(1) 1This evidential provision applies in relation to a holding in, or the provision of credit to, a firm which holds itself out as making personal recommendations to retail clients on retail investment products or P2P agreements10, except where the relevant transaction is between persons who are in the same immediate group.55(2) A retail investment product provider5 or operator of an electronic system in relation to lending10 should not take any step which would result in it:5(a)
5Where a retail investment product provider or operator of an electronic system in relation to lending, 10or its associate, provides credit to a retail client of a firm making personal recommendations in relation to retail investment products or P2P agreements10 or giving advice, or providing services, to an employer in connection with a group personal pension scheme or group stakeholder pension scheme6, this may create an indirect benefit for the firm and, to the extent that
4Examples of information a firm should provide to explain the specific nature and risks of a P2P agreement include:(1) expected and actual default rates in line with the requirements in COBS 4.6 on past and future performance;(2) a summary of the assumptions used in determining expected future default rates;(3) a description of how loan risk is assessed, including a description of the criteria that must be met by the borrower before the operator of the electronic system in relation
(1) 2This rule applies where the terms of a regulated credit agreement or a P2P agreement do not provide for a continuous payment authority and it is proposed that a customer will grant a continuous payment authority to:(a) a lender or a person who has permission to carry on the activity of operating an electronic system in relation to lending; or(b) a debt collector¸ provided that the debt collector is acting under an arrangement with the lender or the person who has permission
(1) 2Where a regulated credit agreement or a P2P agreement does not incorporate the terms of a continuous payment authority, CONC 7.6.2AR enables a continuous payment authority to be put in place (for example, for a repayment plan) without necessarily requiring an amendment to the agreement. But CONC 7.6.2AR applies only where the customer is in arrears or default, and the creation of the continuous payment authority supports the fair treatment of the customer and facilitates
(1) This section applies to a firm with respect to consumer credit lending.(2) CONC 6.7.17 R to CONC 6.7.26 R also apply to a firm with respect to operating an electronic system in relation to lending in relation to a borrower under a P2P agreement and references in those provisions to a firm refinancing an agreement refer to any action taken by an operator of an electronic system in relation to lending which has the result that a P2P agreement is refinanced.(3) 7CONC 6.7.3AR
Before a firm agrees to refinance high-cost short-term credit, it must: (1) give or send an information sheet to the customer; and(2) where reasonably practicable to do so, bring the sheet to the attention of the customer before the refinance;in the form of the arrears information sheet issued by the FCA referred to in section 86A of the CCA with the following modifications:(3) for the title and first sentence of the information sheet substitute:“High-cost short-term loansFailing
Table of applicable rules containing data items4, frequency and submission periods(1)(2)(3)(4)RAGnumberRegulated ActivitiesProvisions containing:applicabledata itemsreporting frequency/ perioddue date323227121237RAG 1 • accepting deposits • meeting of repayment claims76 managing dormant account funds (including the investment of such funds)76RAG 1 firms should complete their prudential reporting requirements as set out in the PRA Rulebook.76RAG 2.1• effecting contracts of insurance•
(1) 2CONC 6.5 and CONC 6.7 apply to firms with respect to consumer credit lending.(2) CONC 6.3 applies to current account agreements that would be regulated credit agreements if the customer overdraws on the account.(3) CONC 6.4 and CONC 6.6 apply to firms which carry on consumer credit lending in relation to regulated credit agreements and firms which carry on consumer hiring in relation to regulated consumer hire agreements.(4) CONC 6.7.17 R to CONC 6.7.26 R also apply to firms