Related provisions for COLL 8.2.1
1 - 8 of 8 items.
An authorised fund manager must take reasonable steps to ensure that the scheme property of a qualified investor scheme provides a spread of risk, taking into account the investment objectives and policy of the scheme as stated in the most recently published prospectus, and in particular, any investment objective as regards return to the unitholders (whether through capital appreciation or income or both).
(1) 7A qualified investor scheme may invest in units in a scheme (a ‘second scheme’) only if the second scheme is:7(a) a regulated collective investment scheme; or7(b) a scheme not within (a) where the authorised fund manager has taken reasonable care to determine that:7(i) it is the subject of an independent annual audit conducted in accordance with international standards on auditing;7(ii) the calculation of the net asset value of each of the second schemes and the maintenance
(1) 7The guidance at COLL 5.7.11 G applies to an authorised fund manager of a qualified investor scheme carrying out due diligence for the purpose of COLL 8.4.5 R, as if that guidance related to COLL 8.4.5 R.(2) Where COLL 5.7.11G (10) refers to COLL 6.3 (Valuation and pricing), that reference should be read as if it were a reference to COLL 8.5.9 R (Valuation, pricing and dealing).(3) In addition to the guidance at COLL 5.7.11 G the authorised fund manager should, as part of
(1) Any investment in land or a building held within the scheme property of a qualified investor scheme must be in an immovable within (2).(2) For an immovable :(a) it must be situated in a country or territory identified in the prospectus;(b) the authorised fund manager must have taken reasonable care to determine that the title to the interest in the immovable is a good marketable title; and(c) the authorised fund manager of an AUT or ACS9 or the ICVC must have received a report
3If a qualified investor scheme has two or more classes of unit in issue, the authorised fund manager may treat any or all of those classes as one for the purpose of determining the number of units to be issued or cancelled by reference to a particular valuation point, if:(1) the depositary gives its prior agreement; and(2) the relevant classes:(a) have the same entitlement to participate in, and the same liability for charges, expenses and other payments that may be recovered
(1) An authorised fund manager must ensure that a prospectus of a qualified investor scheme is drawn up which contains the information, specified in COLL 8.3.4 R (Table: contents of qualified investor scheme prospectus), and the authorised fund manager must:(a) revise the prospectus immediately upon the occurrence of any materially significant change in the information required to be stated within it;(b) include the date of any revision in a prominent manner in the revised prospectus;22(c)
(1) 17The PRIIPs Regulation requires the manufacturer of a PRIIP to draw up a key information document in accordance with the PRIIPs Regulation before that PRIIP is made available to retail investors (as defined in the PRIIPs Regulation).(2) The requirements of the PRIIPs Regulation are directly applicable.(3) As a result, when a qualified investor scheme is made available to retail clients the authorised fund manager will need to prepare a key information document in accordance
This table belongs to COLL 8.3.2 R.1Document statusA statement that this document is the prospectus of the authorised fund valid as at a particular date which shall be the date of the document.2Description of the authorised fundInformation detailing:(1)the name of the authorised fund;16(1A)its FCA product reference number (PRN);(2)that the authorised fund is either an ICVC, ACS11 or an AUT;(3)that the scheme is a qualified investor scheme;(4)where relevant, that the unitholders
(1) 15The Securities Financing Transactions Regulation sets out the additional information which an authorised fund manager who is a full-scope UK AIFM of a qualified investor scheme must make available to investors before they invest.(2) COLL 4.2.5BEU and COLL 4.2.5CEU copy out the relevant provisions of that regulation.(3) An authorised fund manager who is a full-scope UK AIFM of a qualified investor scheme should publish the information in the schemeprospectus.(4) An authorised
(1) 15The Securities Financing Transactions Regulation sets out the additional information which an authorised fund manager who is a full-scope UK AIFM of a qualified investor scheme must include in the scheme’s annual report.(2) COLL 4.5.8ABEU and COLL 4.5.8ACEU copy out the relevant provisions of that regulation.(3) An authorised fund manager of a qualified investor scheme that has not used securities financing transactions or total return swaps during the relevant annual accounting
(1) Details of the procedures for the convening and conducting of meetings and resolutions must be set out in the instrument constituting the fund13 and be reasonable and fair as between all relevant parties.13(2) The authorised fund manager must record and keep minutes for six years of all proceedings to which COLL 8.3.6 R (Alterations to the scheme and notices to Unitholders) and this rule are relevant.(3) The provisions in COLL 4.4.12 R (Notices to Unitholders), COLL 4.4.13
In relation to an ICVC, ACS2 or an AUT which is a qualified investor scheme, the provisions in COLL 7.6 (Schemes of arrangement) will apply as appropriate to the authorised fund manager, any other directors of the ICVC and the depositary as if COLL 7.6 applied to a qualified investor scheme and did not exclude unitholders becoming unitholders in another qualified investor scheme.
(1) This chapter applies to:(a) an authorised fund manager of an AUT, ACS3 or an ICVC;(b) any other director of an ICVC;(c) a depositary of an AUT, ACS3 or an ICVC; and(d) an ICVC,which is a qualified investor scheme.(2) Where this chapter refers to rules in any other chapter of this sourcebook, those rules and any relevant guidance should be applied as if they referred to qualified investor schemes.
(1) Subject to (3), the3authorised fund manager of a qualified investor scheme must take reasonable care to ensure that ownership of units in that scheme is recorded in the register only2 for a person to whom such units may be promoted under COBS 4.12.4R2.32112(2) The authorised fund manager will be regarded as complying with (1) and (3)3 to the extent that it can show that it was reasonable for it to rely on relevant information provided by another person.(3) 3In addition to
This table belongs to COLL 8.2.5 R1Description of the authorised fundInformation detailing:(1)the name of the authorised fund;(2)that the authorised fund is a qualified investor scheme; and(3)in the case of an ICVC, whether the head office of the company is situated in England and Wales or Wales or Scotland or Northern Ireland.3Property Authorised Investment Funds1AFor a property authorised investment fund, a statement that:(1)it is a property authorised investment fund;(2)no