Related provisions for COBS 2.4.1
1 - 7 of 7 items.
(1) 1This section applies to a firm that carries on designated investment business for:(a) a retail client; and(b) in the case of MiFID or equivalent third country business, a client.(2) If expressly provided, this section also applies to ancillary services not covered by (1), but only in the course of MiFID or equivalent third country business carried on with or for a client.
A firm must provide a retail client with information on costs and associated charges including, if applicable:(1) the total price to be paid by the client in connection with the designated investment or the designated investment business or ancillary services, including all related fees, commissions, charges and expenses, and all taxes payable via the firm or, if an exact price cannot be indicated, the basis for the calculation of the total price so that the client can verify
(1) A firm must provide a client with the information required by this section in good time before the provision of designated investment business or ancillary services unless otherwise provided by this rule.(2) A firm may instead provide that information immediately after starting to provide designated investment business or ancillary services if:(a) the firm was unable to comply with (1) because, at the request of the client, the agreement was concluded using a means of distance
(1) If information compares relevant business, relevant investments, or persons who carry on relevant business, a firm must ensure that:(a) the comparison is meaningful and presented in a fair and balanced way; and(b) in relation to MiFID or equivalent third country business;(i) the sources of the information used for the comparison are specified; and(ii) the key facts and assumptions used to make the comparison are included.(2) In this rule, in relation to MiFID or equivalent
(1) A firm must ensure that information contained in a financial promotion is consistent with any information the firm provides to a retail client in the course of carrying on designated investment business or, in the case of MiFID or equivalent third country business, ancillary services.[Note: article 29(7) of the MiFID implementing Directive](2) This rule does not apply to a financial promotion to the extent that it relates to:(a) [deleted]22(b) a pure protection contract that
(1) 1This chapter applies to a firm in relation to designated investment business carried on for:(a) a retail client; and(b) in relation to MiFID or equivalent third country business, a professional client.(2) If expressly provided, this chapter also applies to a firm in relation to other ancillary services carried on for a client, but only in relation to its MiFID or equivalent third country business.(3) But this chapter does not apply to a firm to the extent that it is effecting
(1) A firm must, in good time before a retail client is bound by any agreement relating to designated investment business or ancillary services or before the provision of those services, whichever is the earlier, provide that client with:(a) the terms of any such agreement; and(b) the information about the firm and its services relating to that agreement or to those services required by COBS 6.1.4 R, including information on communications, conflicts of interest and authorised
(1) Subject to (3) and (4), a firm must ensure that a direct offer financial promotion that is addressed to, or disseminated in such a way that it is likely to be received by, a retail client contains:(a) such of the information referred to in the rules on information disclosure (COBS 6.1.4 R, COBS 6.1.6 R, COBS 6.1.7 R, COBS 6.1.9 R, COBS 14.3.2 R, COBS 14.3.3 R, COBS 14.3.4 R and COBS 14.3.5 R) as is relevant to that offer or invitation; and[Note: article 29(8) of the MiFID
The sections in this chapter on general notifications (COBS 3.3) and policies, procedures and records (COBS 3.8) do not apply in relation to a firm that is neither:(1) conducting designated investment business; nor(2) in the case of MiFID or equivalent third country business providing an ancillary service that does not constitute designated investment business.