Related provisions for CASS 7.10.8
1 - 8 of 8 items.
11This chapter applies to a firm that receives money from or holds money for, or on behalf of, a client in the course of, or in connection with, its:(1) MiFID business; and/or(2) designated investment business; and/or3(3) stocks and shares ISA business;3 and/or5(4) innovative finance ISA business;5 and/or6(5) lifetime ISA business,6unless otherwise specified in this section.
(1) A firm that receives or holds money to which this chapter applies in relation to:(a) its MiFID business; or (b) its MiFID business and its designated investment business which is not MiFID business; and holds money in respect of which CASS 5 applies, may elect to comply with the provisions of this chapter in respect of all such money and if it does so, this chapter applies as if all such money were money that the firm receives and holds in the course of, or in connection with,
(1) An authorised professional firm regulated by the Law Society (of England and Wales), the Law Society of Scotland or the Law Society of Northern Ireland that, with respect to its regulated activities, is subject to the following rules of its designated professional body, must comply with those rules and, where relevant paragraph (3), and if it does so, it will be deemed to comply with the client money rules.(2) The relevant rules are: (a) if the firm is regulated by the Law
(1) A firm which receives and holds client money in respect of life assurance business in the course of its designated investment business that is not MiFID business may:(a) under CASS 7.10.3 R (2) elect to comply with the client money chapter in respect of such client money and in doing so avoid the need to comply with the insurance client money chapter which would otherwise apply to the firm in respect of client money received in the course of its insurance mediation activity;
(1) Firms to which COBS 16.4 applies are reminded that, under COBS 16.4, they are required to send to each of their clients at least once a year a statement in a durable medium of those designated investments and/or client money they hold for that client. A firm which manages investments may provide this statement in its periodic statement, as required under COBS 16.3.2(2) COBS 16.4 (Statements of client designated investments or client money) applies, in accordance with COBS
(1) Firms to which COBS 16A applies are reminded of the requirements under article 63 of the MiFID Org Regulation (which are directly applicable to some firms and which are also applied to firms in other circumstances under COBS 16A.1.2R) in relation to quarterly statements when the firm is holding a client’sfinancial instruments or funds (see COBS 16A.4.1EU and COBS 16A.5.1EU).2(2) COBS 16A (Reporting information to clients (MiFID provisions) applies to a firm in relation to
(1) Firms to which COBS 6.1 applies are reminded that, under COBS 6.1.7R, a firm that holds clientdesignated investments or client money must provide its clients with specific information about how the firm holds those clientdesignated investments and client money and how certain arrangements might give rise to specific consequences or risks for those clientdesignated investments and client money.2(2) COBS 6.1 (Information about the firm and compensation information (non-MiFID
(1) 2Firms to which COBS 6.1ZA applies are reminded of the requirements under article 49 of the MiFID Org Regulation (which are directly applicable to some firms and which are also applied to firms in other circumstances under COBS 6.1ZA.3R3) to provide certain information to a client when the firm is holding the client’sfinancial instruments or funds (see COBS 6.1ZA.9EU3).(2) COBS 6.1ZA (Information about the firm and compensation information (MiFID provisions)) applies to a