Related provisions for CASS 6.6.6
1 - 9 of 9 items.
(1) 9A firm must ensure that any TTCA14 is the subject of a written agreement made on a durable medium between the firm and the client.(2) Regardless of the form of the agreement in (1) (which may have additional commercial purposes), it must cover the client's agreement to: (a) the terms for the arrangement relating to the transfer of the client's full ownership of the safe custody asset to the firm;(b) any terms under which the ownership of the safe custody asset is to transfer
(1) Subject to (2) and CASS 6.1.12B R and with the written agreement of the relevant client, a9firm need not treat this chapter as applying in respect of a delivery versus payment transaction through a commercial settlement system if:9929(a) in respect of a client's purchase, the firm intends for the asset in question to be due to the client within one business day following the client's fulfilment of its payment obligation to the firm;9 or9(b) in respect of a client's sale, the
(1) 9If a firm makes use of the exemption under CASS 6.1.12 R, it must obtain the client's written agreement to the firm's use of this exemption. (2) In respect of each client, the written agreement in (1) must be retained during the time that the firm makes use, or intends to make use, of the exemption under CASS 6.1.12 R in respect of that client'ssafe custody assets.
6A firm must have entered into a written agreement with any person with whom it deposits clients'safe custody assets under CASS 6.3.1 R, or with whom it arranges safeguarding and administration of assets which are clients'safe custody assets. This agreement must, at minimum: (1) set out the binding terms of the arrangement between the firm and the third party;(2) be in force for the duration of that arrangement; and(3) clearly set out the custody service(s) that the third party
6A firm should consider carefully the terms of any agreement entered into with a third party under CASS 6.3.4A R. The following terms are examples of the issues that should be addressed in these agreements (where relevant):(1) that the title of the account in the third party's books and records indicates that any safe custody asset credited to it does not belong to the firm;(2) that the third party will hold or record a safe custody asset belonging to the firm'sclient separately
8To comply with CASS 6.3.6AR(2) and in relation to any security interests, liens or rights of set-off over safe custody assets, a firm should ensure that:(1) the written terms of its client contracts include the client’s agreement to another person having such a security interest, lien or right of set-off over the client’s assets; and(2) its books and records are able to show the safe custody assets in respect of which the firm is aware that such security interests, liens, or
(1) 1A firm must make available to each of its clients to whom it provides prime brokerage services a statement in a durable medium:(a) showing the value at the close of each business day of the items in (3); and(b) detailing any other matters which that firm considers are necessary to ensure that a client has up-to-date and accurate information about the amount of client money and the value of safe custody assets held by that firm for it.(2) The statement must be made available
A firm must include within its CASS resolution pack:(1) a master document containing information sufficient to retrieve each document in the firm'sCASS resolution pack;(2) a document which identifies the institutions the firm has appointed (including through an appointed representative, tied agent, field representative or other agent):(a) in the case of client money, for the placement of money in accordance with CASS 7.13.3 R1 or to hold client money in accordance with CASS 7.14.2
(1) 1A firm must ensure that every prime brokerage agreement that includes its right to use safe custody assets for its own account includes a disclosure annex.(2) A firm must ensure that the disclosure annex sets out a summary of the key provisions within the prime brokerage agreement permitting the use of safe custody assets, including:(a) the contractual limit, if any, on the safe custody assets which a prime brokerage firm is permitted to use;(b) all related contractual definitions
A firm must include, as applicable, within its CASS resolution pack the records required under:(1) CASS 6.3.2A R1 (safe custody assets: appropriateness of the firm’s selection of a third party);1(1A) CASS 6.3.6AR (third party rights over client assets);3(2) CASS 6.4.3 R (firm’s use of safe custody assets);(3) CASS 6.6.2 R and CASS 6.6.3 R (safe custody assets held for each client);11(4) CASS 6.6.6 R1 (client agreements: firm’s right to use);1(4A) CASS 6.6.8 R (internal custody