Related provisions for COBS 14.2.2
21 - 31 of 31 items.
A firm must:(1) on request, provide its PPFM, or the PPFM applicable to specified with-profits funds:(a) free of charge to its with-profits policyholders; or(b) for a reasonable charge to any person who is not its with-profits policyholder; and(2) if the firm publishes its PPFM on its website, prominently signpost its location there.
(1) If a firm has carried out an order in the course of its designated investment business on behalf of a client, it must:(a) promptly provide the client, in a durable medium, with the essential information concerning the execution of the order;(b) in the case of a retail client, send the client a notice in a durable medium confirming the execution of the order and such of the trade confirmation information (COBS 16 Annex 1R) 2as is applicable: (i) as soon as possible and no later
(1) A firm that holds clientdesignated investments or client money for a client must send that client at least once a year a statement in a durable medium of those designated investments or that client money unless:4(a) 4such a statement has been provided in a periodic statement; or(b) 4the firm: (i) 4provides the client with access to an online system, which qualifies as a durable medium, where up-to-date statements of a client’sdesignated investments or client money can be easily
(1) A firm must, in good time before a client3 is bound by any agreement relating to designated investment business3 or before the provision of those services, whichever is the earlier, provide that client with:(a) the terms of any such agreement; and(b) the information about the firm and its services relating to that agreement or to those services required by COBS 6.1.4 R, including information on communications, conflicts of interest and authorised status.(2) A firm must provide
(1) 1The fair, clear and not misleading rule applies in a way that is appropriate and proportionate taking into account the means of communication,6 the information the communication is intended to convey and the nature of the client and of its business, if any6. So a communication addressed to a professional client or an eligible counterparty6 may not need to include the same information, or be presented in the same way, as a communication addressed to a retail client.(2) COBS
A firm must not communicate a solicited or unsolicited financial promotion that is not in writing, to a client3 outside the firm's premises, unless the personcommunicating it:(1) only does so at an appropriate time of the day;(2) identifies himself and the firm he represents at the outset and makes clear the purpose of the communication;(3) clarifies if the client would like to continue with or terminate the communication, and terminates the communication at any time that the
(1) For the purposes of any assessments or certifications required by the exemptions in COBS 22.3.2R, any references in COBS 4.12 provisions to non-mainstream pooled investments must be read as though they are references to contingent convertible instruments or CoCo funds, as relevant.(2) If the firm is relying on the high net worth investor, the sophisticated investor or the self-certified sophisticated investor exemption to comply with this section, the statement the investor
(1) The firm must disclose to the consumer:(a) in good time before or, if that is not possible, immediately after the consumer is bound by a contract that attracts a right to cancel or withdraw; and(b) in a durable medium;the existence of the right to cancel or withdraw, its duration and the conditions for exercising it including information on the amount which the consumer may be required to pay, the consequences of not exercising it and practical instructions for exercising
2To ensure that a firm pays due regard to the information needs of its clients, and communicates information to them in a way which is clear, fair and not misleading with respect to the activity of issuing electronic money, a firm must ensure that, in good time before the firm issues electronic money to a person, it has been communicated to that person on paper or in another durable medium that the compensation scheme does not cover claims made in connection with issuing electronic