sole trader Directory person
- 179(1) An individual who:
- (a) is a sole trader who is an SMCR firm;
- (b) performs the function specified in paragraph (2); and
- (c) requires a qualification under TC App 1.1 (Activities and Products/Sectors to which TC applies subject to Appendices 2 and 3) to do so.
- (2) The function is one that will involve the person dealing with:
- (a) customers of the firm (A); or
in relation to the carrying on of a regulated activity by A from an establishment maintained by it in the United Kingdom.
- (b) property of customers of A,
- For these purposes, “dealing with” includes having contact with customers and extends beyond “dealing” as used in the phrase “dealing in investments” which is used in Schedule 2 of the Regulated Activities Order (see also SUP 10A.10.6G).