- (2) for the purposes of GENPRU (except GENPRU 3), BIPRU (except in BIPRU 12)125:
- (a) an undertaking, other than a credit institution or an investment firm, the principal activity of which is to acquire holdings or to carry on one or more of the activities listed in points 2 to 12 and 15 of Annex 1 activities125 including the services and activities provided for in Parts 3 and 3A of Schedule 2 to the Regulated Activities Order when referring to financial instruments.125
- (b) (for the purposes of consolidated requirements) those institutions listed in125 Article 2 of the Banking Consolidation Directive (Scope), with the exception of the Bank of England and the central banks of other countries125.
- (4) (for the purposes of consolidated requirements in IFPRU125the following:
- (b) those institutions permanently excluded by article 2(5) of CRD (Scope) with the exception of the central banks125 as defined in article 4(1)(46)125 of the UK CRR125.