- (a) the EU; or
- (b) a Member State including a government department, an agency, or a special purpose vehicle of the Member State; or
- (c) in the case of a federal Member State, a member of the federation; or
- (d) a special purpose vehicle for several Member States; or
- (e) an international financial institution established by two or more Member States which has the purpose of mobilising funding and provide financial assistance to the benefit of its members that are experiencing or threatened by severe financing problems; or
- (f) the European Investment Bank.
(as defined in article 2(1)(d) of the short selling regulation) any of the following that issues debt instruments: