designated professional body
- (a) The Law Society (England and Wales);.
- (b) The Law Society of Scotland;
- (c) The Law Society of Northern Ireland;
- (d) The Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales;
- (e) The Institute of Chartered Accountants of Scotland;
- (f) The Institute of Chartered Accountants in Ireland;
- (g) The Association of Chartered Certified Accountants;
- (h) The Institute of Actuaries.
a professional body designated by the Treasury under section 326 of the Act (Designation of professional bodies) for the purposes of Part XX of the Act (Provision of Financial Services by Members of the Professions); as at 21 June 20013the following professional bodies have been designated in the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000 (Designated Professional Bodies) Order 2001 (SI 2001/1226):