MiFID investment firm
- 118(1) (in summary) 132a firm to which MiFID would apply if it had its head office or registered office in the EEA132 including, for some purposes only, a credit institution and collective portfolio management investment firm.
118(2) (in full) a firm132 which is:
- 118(a) an investment firm with its head office in the UK132 (or, if it has a registered office, that office);
- 118(b) a CRD credit institution (only when providing an investment service or activity or when selling, or advising clients in relation to, structured deposits for the purposes of:
- 118 (i) the rules corresponding to132 the articles referred to in article 1(3) and article 1(4) of MiFID ;
- 121(ba) a CRD credit institution (only when providing an investment service or activity) in relation to COMP or FEES 6);
- 118(c) a collective portfolio management investment firm (only when providing the services referred to in article 6(4) AIFMD or article 6(3) of the UCITS Directive in relation to the rules which implemented132 the articles of MiFID referred to in article 6(6) of AIFMD or article 6(4) of the UCITS Directive and for a full-scope UK AIFM where relevant, the rules which implemented132 article 12(2)(b) of AIFMD);