- (a) its proprietary positions in financial instruments:
- (i) which are held for resale and/or are taken on by the firm with the intention of benefiting in the short term from actual and/or expected differences between their buying and selling prices or from other price or interest-rate variations;
- (ii) arising from matched principal broking;
- (iii) taken in order to hedge other elements of the trading book;
- (b) exposures due to unsettled securities transactions, free deliveries, OTC derivative instruments, repurchase agreements and securities lending transactions based on securities included in (a)(i) to (iii) above, reverse repurchase agreements and securities borrowing transactions based on securities included in (a)(i) to (iii) above; and
- (c) fees, commission, interest and dividends, and margin on exchange-traded derivatives which are directly related to the items included in (a) and (b) above.
(2) (in BIPRU, GENPRU and BSOCS 41 and in relation to a BIPRU firm) has the meaning in BIPRU 1.2 (Definition of the trading book) which is in summary, all that firm's positions in CRD financial instruments and commodities held either with trading intent or in order to hedge other elements of the trading book, and which are either free of any restrictive covenants on their tradability or able to be hedged.26