- (1) 23833147(in relation to the functions referred to in Part VI of the Act)238 47 ):
- (2) (in relation to the exercise of an EEA right and the exercise of the overseas financial stability information power)104 a competent authority for the purposes of the relevant Single Market Directive or the auction regulation.129
- (3) (in relation to a group, and 48for the purposes of48 SYSC 12 48 (Group risk systems and controls requirement)5048, GENPRU, BIPRU and INSPRU,48 any national authority of an EEA State which is empowered by law or regulation to supervise regulated entities, whether on an individual or group-wide basis.22
- (4) the authority, designated by each EEA State in accordance with Article 48 of MiFID, unless otherwise specified in MiFID.52[Note: article 4(1)(22) of MiFID]52
- (5) (in REC) in relation to an investment firm or credit institution, means the competent authority in relation to that firm or institution for the purposes of MiFID.52
- (6) (in COBS 13.4) the authority designated by each EEA State in accordance with Article 11 of the Market Abuse Directive.52[Note: article 1(7) of the Market Abuse Directive]52
- 135(7) the authority designated by each EEA State in accordance with article 32 of the short selling regulation.
- 143(8) (for an AIF) the national authorities of an EEA State which are empowered by law or regulation to supervise AIFs.
[Note: This definition is based on the definition contained in the CRD (Consequential Amendments) Instrument 2006 which was consulted on in the consultation paper Strengthening Capital Standards 2 (CP 06/3)]47