- (1) (in relation to 33147 admission to an official listing
- (a) the authority designated under Schedule 8 to the Act (Transfer of functions under Part VI (Official listing)) as responsible for 3147admitting securities to, and for removing securities from, the official list 47 ; for the time being, the FSA in its capacity as such; or 31
- (2) (in relation to the exercise of an EEA right and the exercise of the overseas financial stability information power)104 a competent authority for the purposes of the relevant Single Market Directive.
- (3) (in relation to a group, and 48for the purposes of48 SYSC 12 48 (Group risk systems and controls requirement)5048, GENPRU, BIPRU and INSPRU,48 any national authority of an EEA State which is empowered by law or regulation to supervise regulated entities, whether on an individual or group-wide basis.22
- (4) the authority, designated by each EEA State in accordance with Article 48 of MiFID, unless otherwise specified in MiFID.52[Note: article 4(1)(22) of MiFID]52
- (5) (in REC) in relation to an investment firm or credit institution, means the competent authority in relation to that firm or institution for the purposes of MiFID.52
[Note: This definition is based on the definition contained in the CRD (Consequential Amendments) Instrument 2006 which was consulted on in the consultation paper Strengthening Capital Standards 2 (CP 06/3)]47