- (1) (in relation to admission to an official listing3):
- (a) the authority designated under Schedule 8 to the Act (Transfer of functions under Part VI (Official listing)) as responsible for admitting securities to, and for removing securities from, the official list; for the time being, the FSA in its capacity as such;
- (b) an authority exercising functions corresponding to those in (a) in another EEA State.
- (2) (in relation to the exercise of an EEA right) a competent authority for the purposes of the relevant Single Market Directive.
- (3) (for the purposes of PRU 8.1 (Group risk systems and controls requirement), PRU 8.4 (Cross sector groups), PRU 8.5 (Third country groups), PRU 8 Ann 1R G (Capital adequacy calculations for financial conglomerates) and PRU 8 Ann 2R (Prudential rules for third country groups)) any national authority of an EEA State which is empowered by law or regulation to supervise regulated entities, whether on an individual or group-wide basis.22