- (1) (except for the purposes of determining whether a person has close links with another person) an undertaking of which another undertaking is its parent undertaking.
- (2) (for the purposes of determining whether a person has close links with another person) (in accordance with section 343(8) of the Act (Information given by auditor or actuary to 182a regulator182) and paragraph 3(3) of Schedule 6 to the Act (Threshold conditions)):
- (a) an undertaking in (1);
- (b) an undertaking ("S") if:
- (i) another undertaking (its parent) is a member of S;
- (ii) a majority of S's board of directors who have held office during the financial year and during the preceding financial year have been appointed solely as a result of the exercise of the parent's voting rights; and