- (1) an individual who:83
- (a) is appointed by a firm, or by an appointed representative of a firm, to carry on any of the following activities:2628
- (b) although not appointed to do so, carries on any of the activities in (i) to (iii) on behalf of a firm or its appointed representative .26128
- 83(2) (in IPRU(INV) 13 in relation to designated investment business) an individual appointed by a provider firm or by an appointed representative or tied agent of that firm to carry out either or both of the following activities:
- (a) giving advice on investments to customers on the merits of packaged products offered by that firm (or any other provider firm within the same marketing group); or
- (b) arranging (bringing about) deals in investments in relation to those products.