Content Options

Content Options

View Options

SUP 5.2 The FCA’s power22

Who may be required to provide a report?

SUP 5.2.1GRP

Under section 166 of the Act (Reports by skilled persons), the FCA1 may, by giving a written notice, itself appoint a skilled person to provide it with a report, or 2require any of the following persons to provide it with a report by a skilled person:

  1. (1)

    a firm; or1

  2. (2)

    any other member of the firm's group; or1

  3. (3)

    a partnership of which the firm is a member; or1

  4. (4)

    a person who has at any relevant time been a person falling within (1), (2) or (3);

but only if the person is, or was at the relevant time, carrying on a business.

SUP 5.2.2GRP

2Under section 166A of the Act (Appointment of skilled person to collect and update information), the FCA1 may require a firm to appoint, or itself appoint, a skilled person to collect or update information.